Casualties

^Bonnie

"I just...
Can't...
Stop...
All These...
Dirty thoughts...
About you."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Bonnie's pov.

Make sure you lock the door on your way out!" I yelled, picking up my niece from the ground and rushing towards the door. My best friend Dahlia laid on the sofa munching on a bag of chips at 9:00 am. I'll never understand how she maintains such nice skin with her poor habits.

"Alright babe have fun," She shouted, with a mouth full of pre-eaten chips, practically falling onto the couch. I nodded and ran towards my pink Tesla. Before you say anything, my dau- I mean my niece wanted our car to be pink.

It's a long story involving snot weeping and sudden outbursts at odd hours. I genuinely don't know why i fought her so hard on it because it gives off such a bad bitch type of vibe.

I've been Evangeline's guardian since she was a newborn. Evie was clasped in a crossfire between my family and custody, it was a huge dilemma that should have never taken place.

Her mother Diana, was a lewd woman with sicking intentions of using her as leverage against my family. She, despite all her efforts, failed because of my brother, who obtained custody over her the instant she was born.

You might presume he was a monster for keeping a child from its mother but, the things that woman had done to Evie before she had even been born were just immoral. If she was capable of that, just envision what she'd have done to her had she been alive.

Several weeks after that, my brother died. His loss was so sudden and brutal that it left a mass frenzy upon not only my family but also our business.

Let me explain. My family the Carmichael's, are the second reigning Mob dynasties in the US. My brother was the caporegime of our organization, so naturally, when he passed, everything went to shit for a while. The other gangs foolishly saw us as defenseless because we no longer had our leader so, they began attacking...regularly.

The hysteria continued for about a month until my second oldest brother Elijah gained command. Where was he you might ask, 'the Bahamas'? We had lost contact with with him a while back so, not only was he oblivious of all that had happened at the time but, he was also unaware of his sudden promotion.

But back to Evie, my parents wanted nothing to do with her so they turned the other cheek. They feared their reputation would be tainted by a "bastard child"...their words, not mine. The way i viewed my own parents switched the second their exemplary character disguises slipped off. Even if it was just for a flash of a second, i knew i could no longer stay there.