Part 54 :) :P

Justin's POV:

"Carson?" I called out. I heard her crying from the kitchen, but I didn't see her. She didn't reply as I walked around to the other side of the island and found Carson curled up in a ball. Her breaths were sharp. She was shaking. "Baby, what happened?" I bent down and pulled her into my arms. She continued to breathe heavily. It sounded like she was hyperventilating. That couldn't be good for the baby. "Breathe." I whispered into her hair. I sucked in a deep breath and let it out. "Do it with me. Come on. Deep breathes." I spoke softly. I took in a larger breath and let it out as she did it with me. We repeated this several times until she was calm enough to talk. "What happened, princess?" I asked. I kissed the side of her head a few times. I gently brushed the knots out of her hair and rested my chin on top of her head. 

"I called my mom to tell her what happened." She took in a sharp breath. "And.. and she told me that they're getting divorced." Carson hiccuped. I needed to act surprised, but I had already known about this. I read that letter at Amelia's house. I wanted to tell Carson that I knew, but that wouldn't do anything but make her more upset. 

"I'm so sorry." I pulled Carson closer into my chest and drew circles on her back in an attempt to calm her.

"I can't do this, Justin. I'm pregnant. I can't take the stress. She told me that she wanted Amelia to convince me to get an abortion. Do you realize how ridiculous that is?" She pulled away from me and looked in my eyes. Her eyes were completely bloodshot and she had large bags under her eyes. She looked exhausted.

Yeah, she's a fucking psychopath. I thought to myself, "I know, baby, I know." I replied, ignoring my subconscious.  

"I-I just told her that I turned dad in. A-and that I needed some time." 

"Did she understand?" 

"Yeah." Carson sighed. "I'm so sorry I drug you into this. I'm so sorry. You have a career to worry about and I just pulled you into my family drama and I'm sorry." 

"Don't apologize. It isn't your fault. I love you so much, Carson. I don't care if your dad runs me over a thousand times, I'm still going to love you with all of my heart." I reassured Carson. I was ready to kill her mom and her dad. More her mom though because her dad was going to get put away for years. I was done with their shit, but so was Carson. 

"It's time for us to move on from all of this, okay?" Carson looked up at me, "We have a baby coming in 4 months and he or she has at least one incredible grandma and two decent parents." She giggled and I pecked her lips. "I love you, Justin." She whispered. "Thank you for making me feel better." I helped Carson up off the floor and she wiped underneath her eyes. 

"When's your next doctor?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Thursday." She walked over and sat down at the bar. "I was going to talk to you about that. Do you want to know the sex?" 

I bit my lip. Did I want to know? "It's your choice." I grab a tub of ice cream from the freezer. 

"No. It's not. It's your choice." Carson smiled. "Grab me a spoon." 

I slid her a spoon across the counter and grabbed one for myself. "I think I want to know." I told her.
"Okay. Then we'll find out." She bit her lip. "So I was thinking.. If it's a boy we should name him Jalen. It means leader and honest. I found it online the other day." 

"I like it. I also like Chase." 

Carson sucked on her spoon, "What about Jalen Chase?" 

"I love that." I spoke, a smile appearing on my lips. I took another bite of ice cream, "Baby, are you okay? You're probably exhausted and you should get some rest."

"Love, I'm fine."  Carson lied. She looked so tired. 

"Don't lie." I put the lid on the ice cream and put it back in the freezer, "Come on, let's go nap." 

Carson sighed and grabbed my hand. "I mean there's something else we could do besides nap.." She playfully raised her eyebrows at me.

"Nap first." I ordered, leading her upstairs.