𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.

[the heartbreaking truth]

the pogues, minus jj, and sarah were now at the wreck reeling over the events that just went down not even an hour ago.

hannah hadn't said a word to anyone and no one said anything to her.

they honestly didn't know what to say or how to say it quite honestly.

she just kept replaying the last thing he said to her before walking away.

"i was right when i said i didn't deserve you."

even before they started dating he'd always say stuff like that to her and she hated it because it wasn't true at all.

in fact, she thought it was the other way around because of how sweet he was to her all the time and how he's always taken care of her no matter what.

after what felt like a lifetime of silence john b spoke, "look, he'll come around, all right? it's jj... he's doing a jj thing." he says to everyone but he was mainly talking to hannah who hadn't looked up from her hands.

"you think he'll go home?" kiara asks her friends but  hannah figured this question was also mostly aimed towards her.

she didn't even wanna think about the possibility of jj going home.

she really hoped he hadn't for his and her sake.

"there's about a zero percent chance that jj goes home." pope states looking out the window he was leaning against.

i sure hope so, yche thought to herself.

the routledge boy shifts his gaze to sarah who was sitting across from him, "you okay?" he asks her noticing she hasn't said much either.

"yeah," the cameron girl nods her head in response still holding hannah's hand supportively, "are you?"

"i mean, i'm in one piece so..."

pope sighs glancing at hannah and frowning at how sad she looks.

"hey, you alright, hannah b?" he whispers to the girl putting a comforting hand on her shoulder.

she finally looks up from the staring contest with her hands to make eye contact with him not expecting pope to be the first one to ask her that question.

"yeah, i'm okay." hannah answers with a small smile giving his hand a reassuring squeeze. "thanks, pope."

pope smiles too now directing his speech towards everyone, "okay. it's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal. so our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. bring it all up at once. put it in a safe or a vault or something. i-i don't know. just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. i can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning."