𝐭𝐞𝐧.

[surf's up!]

[surf's up!]

•+•+•+

hannah smiles from the pier, watching john b and kie make silly faces through the camera of the drone.

"god bless, geeks, pope. truly, man." jj says from beside him. "what would we do without you to control the drones?"

pope corrects him, "it's not a drone. it's an rov."

"shut up. shut up. it's too early for that right now."

john b spoke from his spot in the water, "hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal complain."

jj scoffs, "it's bullshit. why do we have to do that?"

pope stands up shrugging his shoulders, "well, there is a maritime salvage law. you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"i know. i know. it's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." the blonde sighs raking his fingers through his hair.

"as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp." john b adds as hannah raised an eyebrow.

"how do you know all that, jb?" she asks.

" 'cause my dad said it, like, a million times, hannah banana." john b emphasized making yche shrug.

"yeah, that's fair."

"this tether is, like, really long." pope observes, "in the wrong weather, it could get pushed around."

"then we'll go at dead calm." john b gets cut off by the sound of thunder rumbling.

kiara climbs up the ladder to the pier, "at slack tide?"

"so now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather. and today is not that day."

hannah looks up at the sky watching as grey clouds slowly start heading their way.

•+•+•+

"you boys get these groceries over to figure eight. get straight back here when you're done. no fishin'." heyward says passing his son bags of groceries.

"i promised delivery by this afternoon. rich folks don't wanna wait for you two lazy sons of—"

the mans facial expression softens as he finally notices hannah standing there, "oh, hi ms. hannah." he grins as the girl giggles.