𝐨𝐧𝐞.

[welcome to the outer banks]

•+•+•+

hannah sighs looking up at the pastel colors that filled the sky as she sat on the balcony of her two story beach house.

she watched as the waves crashed against the soft wet sand, the seagulls soaring above her filled her ears with a melody that she couldn't get enough of.

"hannah, you've been out here for a while babe are you okay?" her mother, eniko says causing hannah to snap out of her trance.

"yeah, i'm good mom." she tells her as eniko kisses the top of her daughter's head while rubbing her shoulders.

hannah looks down at her watch and realizes she was supposed to be meeting her friends in less than twenty minutes.

rushing upstairs to her room, she starts getting dressed and ready for the day.

light blue ripped shorts, a white cropped tank top with an oversized flannel over it, and her signature high top converse.

hannah bids her mom a short goodbye before grabbing her phone and keys, rushing out the door.

it doesn't take long before an all too familiar van comes into the young girl's view and she makes her way into the house.

"banana blue!" one of hannah's best friends, john b shouts standing on the ledge of the roof with a beer in his hand.

the young girl smiles to the brown haired boy just as she locks eyes with jj maybank , her very best friend who she's always secretly had a crush on.

"so nice of you to finally join us, babe." the flirtatious blonde haired boy smirks, a beer also in his left hand.

hannah playfully rolls her eyes at him, "i'm sorry guys. i lost track of time." she leans down and gives him a long kiss on the cheek.

"so, what did i miss?" she asks while john b helps her up to his spot on the rooftop copying his actions by dangling her feet over the edge of the house.

"nothing much. just kie ranting about how apparently this place used to be a turtle habitat or some shit." jj shrugs taking a swig of his beer.

hannah's other best friend, pope heyward glanced up at the two on the roof shaking his head, "that's what, a three-story fall to the deck? i give you two about a one-in-three chance of survival."