036. A Night To Remember

Chapter Thirty-Six

[Frankie]

A Night To Remember

A Night To Remember

Despite the beauty that came with a wintry Hogwarts, Frankie wasn't in the mood to be able to enjoy it. In fact, every minute she spent watching the snow gather on the grass outside was a minute she considered going home and spending her first-ever Christmas with her possible father. Harry had decided to almost wholly ignore her, leading to her developing a bizarre melancholy feeling in her chest. She wasn't used to it and had even forced Blaise to accompany her to the nurse to figure out what was wrong - she thought she had perhaps developed asthma - but Madame Pomfrey had shooed her out the wing with an annoying knowing smile. 

Her friends wouldn't let her brood by windows for long, despite it being Draco and Theo's own favourite pastime, and had forced her to enjoy her first-ever Christmas stay at Hogwarts, which was beginning to become her best Christmas celebration. Normally, she'd only be able to celebrate with her mother and Parker. Still, this Christmas, she had been able to go shopping with Pansy and Blaise and participate in an inter-house snowman building competition - in which Slytherin had come third to Beaubaxtons and Hufflepuff.   

Pansy had been absolute in forcing the entire fourth-year Slytherin cohort to wait until lunch to give out their presents, stating it was a family tradition. So, while the rest of the school was enjoying their lunch, the Slytherin students found themselves gathered around the medium-sized Christmas tree in their common room that Daphne and Millicent had set up together. Tracy was leaning against Marcus Belby, her new boyfriend from Ravenclaw she had snuck in, while Daphne and Millicent were trying to catch the attention of a few passing Merfolk. Neither Crabbe nor Goyle had bothered to turn up. None of them were complaining, though.  

"Alright, present time!" Pansy squealed, clasping her hands together, "hand out the presents you've gotten one another,"

Frankie shared a look with Theo, who was mimicking Pansy's excited movements just out of her eyesight, letting out a stifled laugh as Blaise cuffed him over the head. Daphne and Millicent moved to the tree first, handing out their presents - which for Daphne was some variant of exquisite soaps for each of them, while Millicent's was an enchanted snow globe of Hogwarts the night they had all arrived. Tracy handed out her presents next, which were portraits of each of them accompanied by smaller drawings of them together and in groups doing various activities. 

"Marcus helped a bit," Tracy smiled as Daphne attacked her in hugs. 

Frankie leaned towards Draco, laughing as he brought up a drawing of him as a ferret with Frankie and their friends trying to dress him in various outfits, "Okay, that's insanely well detailed,"