021. Ferret-core

Chapter Twenty one

[Frankie]

More Of A Cat Person Than A Ferret

The school days went on as though there wasn't a possibly deadly tournament lurking around the corner, save for the few odd complaints about the age requirement and the comments about who was planning to try their luck. Frankie was making her way to the courtyard, ignoring the shouts of the younger years as they passed her, trying to search for Pansy's Potions notebook. Pansy had practically dragged them all towards the hallways as soon as their respective classes had finished, although Draco was notably missing. 

"I say we leave it till after dinner," Blaise decided, already steering the group towards the Great hall, "I'm starving,"

"But my book," Pansy worried, looking over her shoulder at the courtyard, which was eerily quiet. 

"Either I have dinner, or I resort to eating your pages," Blaise warned, instructing Theo and Frankie to move faster. 

Blaise was right on their heels, forcing them to hurry their strides as they rounded the corner to see a large group of student circle around some sort of commotion. Frankie slowed, almost having her boot taken off as Blaise stepped on the back of her heel. Frankie tried to see what was over the crowd, but there were too many people. Even Theo was struggling to crane his neck. 

"Oh my god," Pansy gasped, jumping up and down to get a good sight, "I think that ferret's Draco,"

The statement almost knocked the air out of her body, forcibly pushing past the crowd to see a pure white ferret cowering between Crabbe and Goyle. Frankie swore under her breath. She should've assumed that if Draco were to find himself in trouble, it would be around those two bumbling idiots - she sometimes wondered how they even got into Slytherin. Frankie shoved past the last few students, almost sending a Ravenclaw toppling over, and her eyes landed on Harry first. He noticed her, too, offering a bewildered look to her glare. She made her way towards ferret Draco, swearing at Crabbe and Goyle as they took multiple steps back. 

"Don't you dare," The instruction was loud and fierce.

Frankie whipped around, one hand wrapped around her wand and the other formed in a fist. Her friends had made their way to the front of the crowd, Theo and Blaise pointing their wands at Moody from behind him. 

"Excuse me?" It came off as a threat as Frankie shot daggers at the Professor, "You're a psychopath,"

"What did you say?" Mad-eye's voice raised as he hobbled closer to her, but Frankie stood her ground in defiance.