052. The Utterly Unpleasant Professor Umbridge

Chapter Fifty-Two

(Frankie Marsh)

The Utterly Unpleasant Professor Umbridge

The early morning had been impossibly cold, Frankie's fingers feeling more like tiny icicles than anything else. Her green and silver robes hardly kept her warm, having to throw a jumper over top as she trained the new beater, a young third-year by the name of Dean Fudge. A nephew of Cornelius Fudge, she didn't hold the family tie over him as he tried to profusely promise he wasn't anything like his uncle. Slytherin was always home to many witches and wizards with prominent last names. It never mattered who they were connected to when almost every Slytherin had some sort of connection themselves. 

One thing seemed to run in the Fudge family, however. They all managed to get on Frankie's nerves. 

She'd called the practice early once Dean had managed to slam a Bludger into her face accidentally, and they'd left at the same time as the Hufflepuff team, who had shared the field with them. 

"We are so screwed," Greer laughed. 

Frankie glared at him, pressing a tissue to her bloodied nose. The Ollivanders stood to her left and right as they entered the Great Hall. Being the most senior players on the team and the players who technically should've been handed the Quidditch captaincy, they were Frankie's best bet as her second in command. With the Ollivander twins being her best option, Frankie couldn't help but agree with Greer's sentiment. 

"We'll be fine, Greer, and I can be very responsible," Maisie Ollivander promised.

Maisie reached around Frankie to hit Greer in the head, sending Greer's hair into a pink hue, as Greer tried to duck away from his sister's wrathful hand. Frankie watched them run off, Maisie already in the process of getting her shoe off to hurl at her retreating brother, who was trying to negotiate with her. 

Rolling her eyes, she approached her friends at the Slytherin table. Sitting beside Theo, she peered at the newspaper he was reading. On the front page was a blown-up photo of Umbridge, as the words 'High Inquisitor' swirled around her face. 

Theo was clutching the paper, staring at it reproachfully. Blaise and Pansy were on the other side of the table, flicking through their own newspaper with a gossipy look plastered on their faces. Frankie looked away from them, wondering what smear campaigns the two were thinking up to ruin Umbridge's career at Hogwarts. 

After insulting Pansy's take on the school uniform, which she never wore in a dress code-friendly manner but always looked amazing with her extra accessories, and sending her to get changed, Blaise and Pansy had been looking to draw blood. While the two certainly dealt with things in a way Frankie never could, they were always fairly successful.