022. Mad-Eye's Lesson

Chapter Twenty-Two

[Frankie]

Mad-Eye's Lessons

Mad-Eye's Lessons

No one was particularly excited to have their first defence against the dark arts lesson. In fact, Pansy had asked for a meeting with Dumbledore and begged for their group to be exempt from the classes and have another teacher instruct them instead. Pansy was almost certain, that after Frankie and Theo's encounter with Mad-Eye, the Professor would try his hardest to kill them. According to Pansy, Mad-Eye was completely unhinged and dangerous. While Frankie agreed he was quite unhinged, she preferred to view Mad-Eye as one of those crazy old Grandpas who couldn't do anything too harmful - except turn kids into animals.

However, they did have a plan. Draco would sit with Blaise and blend into the middle row of the classroom, Theo and Frankie would sit up the back and keep their rude remarks as quiet as possible, and Pansy would sit in front of them to ensure they didn't get into any trouble. They got to their class early, surprised to see the rest of the class had a similar idea of ensuring they got there before their maniac of a teacher. The Defence classroom had always been her favourite. Her seat was always next to the full-length windows allowing her to gaze into the grounds without looking too much like she wasn't listening. Before she took her spot, she caught a glimpse of Harry in the front row.

Frankie smiled softly, promising Theo she'd be back, before making her way towards Harry. He was sitting in the seat closest to the walkway, making it easy for her to lean on the desk to get his attention.

"Pansy tried to get us to skip," Frankie remarked, pushing against the wooden table, "Certain he was going to try something on us,"

"I think you'd be a cute cat," Harry replied, a mischievous look dancing across his face, "Probably a tabby cat, the type that'd ruin all your furniture just because they can,"

"Oh yeah?" Frankie grinned as Ron snorted, "And what would you be? A rat?"

The familiar clunking noise cut off their conversation, and the entire class turned their heads to watch Mad-Eye shove the door open. Frankie rolled her eyes, unable to think of the man without remembering his incident with Draco.

"I don't think he'll be as good as Lupin," Frankie whispered into Harry's ear, getting ready to duck back into her seat at the back.

"Everyone sit," Mad-Eye instructed. Frankie stepped back, almost falling onto Harry, to let the man pass. Mad-eye simply paused next to her and dragged an empty chair from another table s, "You. Sit with them."

Frankie looked back at her seat, which an incredibly anxious-looking Pansy occupied. She shared a look with Pansy, who was still trying to motion her over despite Mad-Eye's instructions. The Professor didn't move, waiting for Frankie to sit beside Harry, until she finally relented and did as she was told.