Chapter 33

Side: Picture of Greyson

----------------------------------------

Max's P.O.V

Our trackers reached Regina and her little friend just in time to stop them from handing Luna's butt to her. It's not like I think she isn't a good fighter, it's just, one wolf against two highly trained hunters is not good odds...at all.

"BROOKE! JOSIE! Where is Logan?!" Luna calls out, sounding slightly panicked. I follow the sound of her voice and see her kneeling beside a wolf. A grey and black wolf that looks extremely familiar

"Greyson!" I yell and rush over. "What happened?"

"He was helping me fight off the hunters. He took Regina," she answered me. "Why isn't Logan here?"

"He's coming with more of the group. We need to get Greyson inside and stop the blood flow or something." The others can deal with the hunters, I'll get my revenge later, right now I need to help out my best friend. I bend down and pick Greyson up making sure not to jostle him to much. With Luna beside me, I start running to Brooke and Josie's house.

It takes five minutes to reach their house. Our luck must not have run out completely because Blair and David are both in the house and let us in. David calls Logan to tell him that he has to get here as soon as possible while Blair helps us gather supplies.

I lay Greyson down in the guest bedroom and try to get him to shift so we can see the damage better. Fortunately he's not so far out of it that he can't hear me and shifts after a few minutes of coaxing.

Honestly he looks absolutely terrible. His right cheek is purple and swollen, there's a huge cut above his eyebrow going halfway across his forehead, his left arm looks broken, and I'm willing to bet that some of his ribs are too because he's coughing up blood.

Luna and I are wrapping everything is bandages when Logan walks in with Jordan. Immediately, they both take charge, pushing us out of the way and figuring out what they need to do. Jordan isn't a healer but spending so much time around Logan has made her pursue nursing and she's pretty good at it as I found out when she and Logan took care of everyone after the attack at my house.

Pretty soon Greyson looks almost 100% better, though he fell asleep so we can't ask him how he feels. Probably like he got hit by a truck, but it could be worse.

"Why was he even there? Were you two hanging out?"

"No, I don't even know him, I was just walking around the woods and stumbled across Regina, then he comes crashing out of the bushes." Greyson grumbles before cracking his eyes open.

"How you feeling buddy?"

"Like I got hit by a truck." He groans out. I start laughing

"How did I know you were going to say that?"

"Shut up, Max." Greyson says tiredly. I see Luna start walking to the door.

She looks back at me and whispers,"I'm going to tell Logan that he's up." I nod as she turns back to the door and walks out of the room. I help Greyson into a sitting position on the bed.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He asks.

"Dude, you just got beat up and you want to talk about that?!"

"Yes." He says with a straight face.

"I think I found my soulmate."

"What?! Seriously?" I nod. "Who is she? Do I know her? How long have you known her?" He shoots.

"Ummm. Her names Nyssa. I've known her for a few days. And I don't know if you know her she's part of the twins group." The door opens and Logan, Jordi, Josie, and Brooke walk in. Greyson gives me a look that says this isn't over. The four introduce themselves and start asking Greyson questions.

"How did you find Regina?" Josie asks.

"I was running and I heard two people whispering and clanking, so I went to investigate. That's when I found Regina and her friend."

"Why did you attack her?"

He shrugs his shoulder, "She said something I didn't appreciate."

Brooke looks at him hard. "How old are you?"

"Brooke!" Josie says.

"What?" She shrugs. "I'm just curious."

"17" She nods. They keep asking questions for another five minutes until they decide they should let Greyson get some rest. Everyone walks out of the room but Brooke stays back for a second.

"Hey Greyson, if you don't mind I'm going to start calling you Grey." And with that she leaves the room.

"Wow. I've seen them around school and not once have I seen this side of them." He says dumbfounded.

"What side?"

"Confident and in control. They seem like nerds at school."

"I'm taking that as a compliment," Josie says as she walks back in. "Max your mother is downstairs ranting about something. I think you should go and check on her before she blows her top." She turns to Greyson. "And you should probably know that your parents are downstairs.... its Charlotte's fault, she called them." With those warnings said, she walks out of the room.

We look at each other and at the same time and say, "We're toast."