Chapter 4

Brooklyn's P.O.V:

I've had sign language, orchestra, and advanced animal science and I'm already bored and can't wait to get out of school. At least I have lunch now and can talk to my friends especially about the new cute kid from this morning. I wonder if any of my friends have/had a class with him?

My sister finally walks into the lunch with Violet and Regina. What surprises me is the new kid, Landon, is also walking with them and it seems like he might be sitting with us today. Before my sister can sit down I grab her arm and move her to the side of the lunchroom where we can talk privately.

"When is our next meeting?" I ask.

"I don't know. Maybe we should do it tonight. And do you think Landon has any powers?"

"I think he does, I don't know why but I do."

"Cool now we just have to figure out how to approach him about it. You can do that my friend. Now can we sit down? My stomach is going to eat me from the inside out."

Uhhh. Why me? She always makes me do stuff like this. Man she can't even print a paper without making me do it. I always have to help her.

There's one thing you guys should know about our group. We all have some sort of supernatural power. Josie is part elemental and part shapeshifter, Eli is ½ shapeshifter and ½ wizard, Nyssa is charm-speaker, Violet is a dark witch with telekinesis and invisibility, though she's actually a pretty good person, and I'm an elemental like my sister. Regina, Asher, and David are human that we know of. Landon we don't know about him but I have a feeling he has one.

Josie and I have finally have food in front of us and we start listening to the conversations around us at our table. Something I've noticed is either Landon doesn't really talk or he's nervous. So to get him to talk and get to know him better we started asking him questions.

"Soooo Landon, what's your favorite color?" asked Josie.

"Red."

"Favorite movie?" asked Regina.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl."

"Favorite book?"

"Eragon by Christopher Paolini."

"Okay Landon, now the question that all of us want to hear. Why did you move here?" I ask.

"My foster parents had us move here due to them getting jobs at the local university."

"Well welcome to Edenswood High." David says.

30 seconds later the bell rings and everyone is scrambling to throw their trash away and get to class.

I run to catch up to Landon and ask, "what class do you have next?"

"Economics with Mr.Greenberg."

"Awesome, I also have that next. Want to walk with me?"

"Sure."

We walk into class and I start walking to a table in the back, when I realize Landon's not following but standing in the front of the class looking lost.

"Are you coming?"

"Uhhh?"

"Are you coming?" I say as I point to the table.

"Umm"

"What you didn't think I would let you sit alone with someone you didn't know did ya?"

"Well... maybe."

"No not going to happen you are sitting with me till you have someone else to sit with."

Neither of us talked for the rest of the period. When the bell rang Landon started to walk to chemistry, while I go to the most dreaded period... gym.

2 hours later

School has finally finished and the best part yet I don't have any homework!!! I close my locker and walk out of the school to meet with my sister at her car to get a ride home before I have to go to work.