Chapter 28

Josephine's P.O.V:

Man, if only I had had a camera to capture the look on her face. I laugh for a second then shift into a bee hummingbird, the smallest bird in the world. HA! good luck finding me now. For anyone who doesn't know me and my abilities, they will think that I simply disappeared, maybe teleported. Oh how I love shifting. Time for revenge.

I swoop down to the line of trees behind the crowd and shift when I'm under enough cover. Charlotte is circling above, still trying to find me.

"Gotcha," I whisper, as I take control of the wind around her and force her down to the ground fast, slowing down her fall at the last moment. She sighs in defeat, giving one last look at the sky before joining the rest of the crowd.

Nice job sis. NOW GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!

Hmm no I think you're good, I tell her as she blocks another one of Max's strikes.

Don't you dare, she warns me, but I just laugh at her. I shift into a squirrel then run through the trees until I'm directly behind Max...and right in Brooke's line of sight. Shifting back into my normal form, I lift my eyebrow at her, asking if she's ready. She nods. Lets do this.

Max looks down at the ground as it starts shaking under him, then gasps as he goes up in the air, but we're not done, and neither is he. He flips in the air and lands on his feet in a crouch. I watch as he glares at Brooke. Good, he hasn't figured out that I'm still in the game. Max throws up an electrical shield just as Brooke sets the grass around him on fire. I groan. This just got so much harder. Brooke looks like she might let him win soon, he's already cheering behind his little bubble. Wait. Shifting into a shrew I start digging. Normally shrews aren't extremely fast diggers but if you add a little earth magic to it...oh yeah. I run through the tunnel and dig back up to the surface, coming up right behind Max. What's your bubble good for now? Mwhahaha. I stand up behind him and Brooke breaks out in a smile when she sees my face.

"S'up Max?" He turns around and his eyes widen when he sees me and the ball of water I'm tossing back and forth between my hands.

"How did you..?"

"It's not personal, Max but I feel like since I started it I should get to end it too. You know what I mean?" Before he has the chance to answer I throw the water at him. It hits him square in the chest, though it's not that impressive since he was only eight feet away from me. Everyone on my team cheers as I give Max a hand up.

"Dude, you could have hit me too, what happened?" I ask him. He had the same chance I did when we were both in the bubble and I'm curious to know why he didn't take it.

"No one has ever gotten through the force field and I was confused on how you did it, but you dug under it didn't you." It's not a question, he already knows the answer.

"You might want to make your bubble an actual bubble next time so that no one can get in," I advise. He nods at me.

"Oh and by the way," he starts, patting me on the shoulder. I feel a shock go through my body. "There's my revenge, I'm done now." Max smiles then walks away. Darn boy shocked me!

"Sorry I took away your victory," I say as I turn around and face my sister.

"It's all good. Better then getting electrocuted." We both smile and join everybody else.

The next hour is spent going over everyone's strategies and how they can do better next time. Smart, but boring after a while, which is why Brooke and I started taking orders for Steak n Shake, Subway, and Waffle House. I swear we normally don't eat this much fast food but lately none of have wanted to cook, and today wore all of us out. Laziness win out again.

Just as I'm sitting back on the couch that started it all Charlotte walks by. Question time has come.

"Hey Charlotte, Brooke and I are curious as to what abilities you have."

"Yeah, we know you're a fae and all but there's pretty much an endless combination of powers you can have," Brooke cuts in.

"I'll answer your questions if you'll answer mine."

"Got it," Brooke and I say at the same time.

"Ok, so obviously I have wings, though I hide them most of the time, my aging is slowed down, I can create illusions, and see auras."

"And you're faster and more agile," Charlotte's husband adds as he walks over. "It's not fair really, that she can literally see your emotions when she wants to, and those illusions are so real you would never know unless she told you."

"Awesome, lucky you, though seeing others emotions might send me over the edge." I shiver. That's almost as bad as mind reading when you can't control it. Some things you just don't want to know. Charlotte laughs, then asks us about our abilities.

"I have control over all of the natural elements," Brooke tells her.

"And I have all but fire...and can shift." Charlotte had an 'ahh' moment when I tell her the last part, finally understanding how I got away from her.

"Smart. Very smart." I smile, then walk away. It's surprising that she told us all of her abilities, but I know she did. Brooke and I have only told our closest friends and family, plus Max's family now. Most supernaturals don't tell many people their full range of powers because then they know how to defeat them. That's why we rarely use our abilities outside of our house. I guess it's a good thing too, because otherwise Regina might have been able to find out our abilities. Regina...