Chapter 25

Side: Picture of Max

--------------------------------

Josephine's P.O.V:

My sister and I are still outside in our backyard trying to come up with a plan when Asher runs over to us.

"You two need to get inside. There's a dude in the house that came for your help."

"Why?" We both ask.

"Because his family was attacked last night." Brooke shoots to her feet and we both sprint to meet him, eager to get information on Regina and the other hunter.

We walk to the living room and greet a cute boy with spiky brown hair, brown eyes, and nerd glasses. If I didn't have Asher, I'd definitely be going for him, Brooke mumbles to me in my mind. Oh how I love being able to speak to her without others hearing. Shush I'm trying to think, Brooke. She makes a face but shuts up. The boy is looking at us weirdly.

"Uh oh Josie, I know that look. He's unimpressed." I gasp theatrically and put a hand over my heart.

"By us? Why I never!" I reply in my best southern accent.

"You're um...not what I expected," he stutters. We both laugh.

"It's ok, that's not the first time someone has said that. What's your name?"

"Max"

"Sup Max, so watcha' doing here?" I ask, not wanting to beat around the bush any longer.

"Last night my town was attacked by two hunter. We lost one super and dozens more are injured. My parents are back home trying to take care of them. There had been word going around about two sisters who might be able to help us."

"I don't know how we could help you, Max. We could try but we have our own problem with a hunter right now." Brooke says.

"How would we help?" Eli asks. I looked over at Logan, who is holding Jordi close to his chest in a protective manner.

"Would you be willing to help?" I ask.

"I'm willing to if you guys don't need me here right now." He answers.

"We can go with you. We might be able to find Regina faster if we went to the scene of the crime." Max holds up a hand.

"Woah woah woah who is Regina?" Blair smiles at that.

"That my friend is the crazy hunter who tried to kill Asher three days ago and escaped last night." Brooke and I try to hold in our laughter but it's pretty obvious Blair wanted to use more than a few strong words. Max just nods as he takes in the information.

"Yeah crazy might not be the right word for her," he says thoughtfully. "So who's coming over to help us?" Our group looks around at each other.

"I'll hold the fort," Blair sighs. David agrees to stay with her as well as Luna. Everyone else starts getting ready for our road trip. The packing process goes extremely fast as everyone had everything they needed at my house since they had spent the night.

I climb into my car, along with four other people, Brooke hops onto her motorcycle, Jordi and Logan run off to their car, and Nyssa gets stuck with Max. The nine of use plus Max have stuffed a few days worth of clothes, sleeping bags, essentials, and of course weapons into mine and Logan's cars. Needless to say, some of us were a little squished.

The hour long drive to Max's town was filled with plans to help the injured and track down Regina. We also need to pick up our training process as we have been lacking these last few months.

We pull up to a normal looking house. Max gets out of the car in front of mine and walks up to the front door. He turns around.

"You guys coming?" He asks. The rest of us scramble out of the car. He opens the door.

There's people all around the house: on the floors, crowded around the counters, more are walking around and taking care of the others. Logan gets to work right away while Jordi stays with him to make sure he doesn't try anything stupid. Max leads us through the sea of bodies and over to a frazzled looking woman.

"Max! Oh good you're back! Where are Brooke and Josephine?" Brooke and I smile at each other. She gives a nod and I start.

"Hello madam," I say in my best British accent.

"We were called from our parlor by this dashing young man and we just had to see what all of the trouble was. I'm Brooke."

"And I'm Josie. What can we help you with on this fine afternoon?" By now the rest of our group is losing it and rolling around on what little floor remains free.

"Would you *gasps* two please *snorts* be serious!" Eli manages.

"Shut up stupid!" I reply in my Fluffy voice. "Ok, we're serious now. Sorry for that. We really are Josie and Brooke though." The woman looks at us with the same expression as her son gave us earlier.

"I'm assuming you're Max's mother?"

"Why is that?"

"Because you gave us the same look he did."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Eh we're used to it. So how can we help? Besides lending Logan to you." I look over to Logan who's still hard at work.

"Well we could use more people to train with, learn some new techniques," she says hesitantly. "Oh and by the way my name is Charlotte."

"Nice to meet you Charlotte. The good news is that we can help you with that. This is the team," Brooke and I introduce the rest of our group. After introductions are through we spread out to start planning and helping where we are needed.

----------------------------------------------------------------- A/N

We have decided to only update on Mondays unless we really want to update again.