Chapter 27

Josephine P.O.V:

Brooke comes skipping down the stairs holding Asher's hand. I can't help the huge smile that spreads across my face at the joy on her's. Eli looks at me like I've lost it (which I did awhile ago) and I point to the new happy couple.

"Aww. That could be us," he says

"What did you say?"

"Nothing," he mumbles and walks away. Weird.

I'm helping Charlotte clean the dishes and put away the leftovers as Brooke and Asher walk over. They don't say anything, they don't have to. Everyone in the house can tell that they've accepted each other and congratulate them for the next half hour as they stay next to each other.

I've finished the dishes, though it took awhile since there are like 40 people here, and am relaxing with some of the kids in front of the TV. They all have powers and think using them to do the moves on the show is a good idea. If you haven't figured it out we're watching reruns of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Honestly it would be more funny if I hadn't dodged getting soaked and nearly losing my eyebrows at least four times. Time for revenge.

I push all of the troublemakers outside with my wind power then toss them in the pool in the backyard. The kids shout and the adults rush out to help them, then stop and go back to their business when they see me standing on the porch. One even pats me on the back and thanks me for teaching them a lesson. When the kids climb out of the water I almost feel bad for them. Keyword: almost. They look at each other, then back at me and one steps forward.

"This means war," he tells me, and the others nod. Oh crap. 13 against 1 is not very good odds. Wait...I have backup too! I smile wickedly. Challenge accepted. The oldest boy, who seems to be their leader, looks apprehensive when he sees my smile but can't pass up the chance to beat someone older than him. "ATTACK!" he yells. At that moment I call for my backup. Violet and Nyssa show up first, then Eli, Asher, Brooke, and Landon, come next, and Jordi and Logan are last. 13 against 1 definitely isn't good odds, but 9 against 13 is another story. Take that.

This is how our first training session started. At first it was just us against the little devils, but soon the parents jumped in to even the odds. They went to the kids side first, then after they outnumbered us pretty greatly, even more adults joined in. It was like an all out war. Once you got hit you were out, and we decided that we would keep playing until there was only one team standing. Both teams have about 10 people left, mine includes me, Brooke, Eli, and Violet, who very much enjoys tossing people through the air with her telekinesis. On the other team are three of the original troublemakers, including their leader, the rest are their parents. It's actually a pretty fair fight. I don't really understand why they wanted our help with training since they seem to be at least as good if not better than us.

I'm busy thinking and look up just in time to dodge a waterball aimed for my head. I look around for my attacker and find a smirking kid. Darned kid leader! That's it. He has no time to react as I lift up the earth beneath his feet and launch him through the air. When he lands he gives me a dirty look, then smiles and walks over to everyone else who is out. A glance back at the "battlefield" shows me that my team is just barely winning. 6 against 4. I smile, but it melts away as I watch Eli get tossed by a mini tornado and Violet go down under a wolf after she gets distracted. Four others are tagged out and six people walk off the field. Brooke and I look over at our competition. Max and Charlotte. Go figure.

"Soo," I say, drawing it out so that Brooke can get an idea on how they attack.

Josie! Max has power over electricity! Brooke shouts in my mind. Crap, that would hurt. I chance a glance over to our onlookers.

So that's why Asher's hair is standing up, I mumble to her.

Yeah, poor guy. I'm so getting revenge for that, she growls back.

"I'm pretty sure you don't need the help you begged us for so we're just gonna um go... yeah," I say backing away just as Brooke begins her attack. Fire goes flying at Charlotte and she ducks as Max takes up the counter-attack. He smiles wickedly and a lightning bolt manifests from his hand. I am so screwed, I think as I dive to my left.

Charlotte is starting to walk around Max and Brooke, obviously having come up with a plan already. Not going to happen. I launch myself at her and all of the sudden we're flying. My eyes widen as I realize what she is. Her wings become visible to me as she smirks.

"Aww man," I whine, clutching her so I don't fall down to the ground, which is at least 100 feet away. "Could you pleeeease put me down?"

"Umm I don't think so honey, we're winning this."

"Fine. Have it your way." And I let go.

------------------------------------A/N

Updating: for upcoming 2 weeks

December 21- will be able to update.

December 29- we dont know. We are going to be gone and staying at our grandparents and we dontn know if we will get the chance to update