Chapter 36

Side: Two pieces by Demi Lovato

----------------------------------------------

Luna's P.O.V:

I'm sitting on my window seat looking out at the woods in my family's back yard. When I see movement out of the corner of my eye. Ignoring it I look down at my phone and see that it's 12:15 in the morning. I groan, great I'm wide awake and I have school today. As I'm getting up I see a few branches move out of the corner of my eye, turning I see a tail vanish into the dark abyss of the forest. I look at my bed, then outside.

I sigh, "I'm going to regret this later," I mumble. I thrust my feet into a pair of flats and grab my fleece jacket from my closet before quietly running down the stairs and out the door. As I close the door an owl hoots and I hear a rustle coming from the right of me. I turn to the noise but see nothing there. Deciding to go investigate I start cautiously walking to the trees surrounding the yard. When I finally reach the beginning of the tree line I hesitate. I'm doing what I tell every single character in a horror film not to do, don't go to investigate the noise, I think to myself. I shrug, taking a step I strain my ears to hear any noises but when I come up blank I get antsy. Yep, totally going to regret this, I think as a slowly start walking deeper into the trees.

25 minutes of walking later, I still haven't seen or heard anything again, when I come upon a clearing with a big pond. And there sitting in only a pair of shorts is Greyson or Grey, according to Brooke. I take a step forward trying to be quiet but step on a leaf, crushing it and make a loud crinkling noise. I cringe, looking down at the ground. I hear Greyson turn around and slowly I look up from the ground with a sheepish grin on my face.

Greyson P.O.V:

I hear a crinkling sound from behind me and turn around to see Luna, standing just outside the trees looking down at the ground. She looks up with a sheepish smile on her face and I raise one of my eyebrows in question. Ignoring me she walks towards me and sits down, looking out at the pond. I stare at her admiring her profile for a few minutes.

I clear my throat and look away. "So what are you doing out at this time?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing." She says, turning towards me.

"I asked first."

She sighs, "I was sitting on my window seat when I saw something move out my window, so I went to investigate."

I laugh, "You do realize that's the total opposite of what you're suppose to do right? Haven't you ever watched a horror movie before?"

"I know that. I just thought..." She sighs "Nevermind. What are you doing out here?"

My smile slowly turns into a frown and I look away. "Came here to be alone and think." The both of us don't talk after that, just enjoying each others company. I start thinking about all the things that happened today. It started off normal with going to school and going home but everything changed. Instead of going on a relaxing run, I ended up fighting two hunters, possibly meeting my mate, talking to a group of people that no one would have thought I would get the chance to talk to, and getting in yet another fight with my parents. Well this has been a jolly day, I think.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I snap out of my thoughts to look at Luna and shrug.

"Just thinking about today." I say looking in front of me. I start thinking about the fight I had with my parents. They were yelling about having to leave their meetings to come get me from the Anderson house because I was stupid enough to fight two hunters. But when I point out that I wasn't the only one fighting they just ignored it kept yelling about how I was stupid, worthless, and an embarrassment to them. This went on for 20 minutes before I had a enough and walked out of the house, slamming the door on my way out. I know it might have been childish to slam the door but when you have lived parents like mine you would do the same.

"Grey... Greyson... Hello, earth to Greyson." I shake my head and look up at Luna who's waving her hand in front of my face and is trying to hold in her laughter.

I scrunch up my face "What?" Luna burst into a fit of laughter. "What? What did I do?!" She shakes her head and her laughter dies down. I look up at the sky to see that it's not as dark as it was when she came here. She follows my gaze.

"I should probably head back." She says. I nod my head.

"Me too." And with that we head in our different directions.