Chapter 2

Brooklyn's P.O.V:

This morning has gone fabulous. Josie woke up at 8:00 leaving 10 minutes to get dressed. The perfect payback to what she did to me last weekend, hiding all my bras and making me climb a tree to get them back. But the morning has now turned for the worst due to the fact that we just arrived at the place where we spend 8 hours each day and 180 days each year ... school. We are only a quarter of the way through the year and the days just keep getting longer and longer.

Josie and I reached our lockers in the senior hall by the door at the same time our friends Eli and Asher showed up. We've all been friends since third grade. I don't see why they are our friends since they could both be in the popular group. Asher is 6'2" with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes and Eli 5'10" with ear length dark brown hair and blue eyes.

At the moment they're arguing if the Vikings would beat the Packers in the next game. One negative of having guys has friends when you're a girl is that they talk about sports all the time. Josie and I look at each other and shake our heads and close our lockers. Right then I look up to see a cute guy walk into the school.

"Josie, cute boy."

"Where?"

"Just walked into the school, long curly black hair, the one in the red sweatshirt. Do you see him?"

"Yes."

"He must be new."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he's looking around like he's lost and we've never seen him before now. Duh"

He's so focused about looking around and trying to find something that he isn't paying attention and runs right into the school's queen bee, Shannon.

"Oh boy here we go" I say to Josie and all she does is nod her head.

"You little twit." Before any of us could process what is happening Shannon spills her whole cup of coffee onto the poor new guy.

"Next time watch where you're going," and with that Shannon spun on her heels and cat walked away.

New kid looked down at his once spotless sweater and then down to his scattered binders.

"Aww Josie we need to go help him,"

"Yep."

We walk over to him and start picking up all the papers and binders that went flying.

"Lucky you, you managed to upset Shannon on your first day. That's a great achievement. Don't worry though we'll protect you," Josie smiled at him.

"I'm Josephine but you can call me Josie and this is my sister Brooklyn." Josie says

"Landon" he says nervously.

"Well Landon you're one of us for now, at least until you feel like moving on to a different group. Do you still need to go to the office to get your locker combination and classes or are you good?"

Landon let out a relieved smile at the offering of help.

"I still have yet to find the office in this maze that you call a school,"

"Okay follow us."

Eli and Asher must have finally noticed that we weren't still at our lockers because they come running up to us.

"Where are you two going our classes are the other way"

"We are showing Landon to the office and his class. Landon these are our friend Eli and Asher."

When walking to the office no one in our group said a word not wanting to be the one to break the silence. Three minutes later we made it to the office. We said goodbye to Landon and went our separate ways.