Chapter 37

Side: Kung Fu Piano: Cello Ascends by ThePianoGuys

----------------------------------------------------------
Josephine P.O.V:

It's been two weeks since we captured Regina...again. And we haven't gotten any information from her or her little sidekick whose name is apparently Keiran. It's been extremely normal and boring since then. It's two days from the Halloween dance at our school and the group is just now getting costumes. We love to procrastinate. The boys are in the town over finding their costume, while us girls are in a local mall grabbing miscellaneous items. We all want to be dressed up like we are going to a masquerade ball. Finding dresses will be fun (note the sarcasm). It takes three hours before all seven of us have found a dress and a matching mask for the dance. As we start driving back to my house, I feel my phone go off in my bag. Taking it out I see a text from Eli.

Eli: Where are you?

Me: We just got done. We're on our way.

Eli: Hurry up. Greyson, Max, Asher, and Logan are playing Call of Duty and Logan is a sore loser.

I laugh and show Jordi the last text as we pull into the driveway. Getting out of the car we hear a crash from inside and rush into the house. When we reach the living room we see Logan pulling his fist back to push Asher in the face, who is pinned beneath him.

"LOGAN XAVIER WEST! GET OFF HIM NOW!!!" Jordi screams. But it's too late, Logan was already moving his arm when she started to scream and by the time she finished Asher had a bruise forming on his right cheekbone. I glare at Eli with a look that just says "seriously". And he just shrugs. I give a pointed look and with a sigh he walks over to the two still on the ground and lifts Logan off of Asher.

It seems everyone snaps out of their surprised states when I hear my sister ask, "What the hell happened? You guys are here for what? A half an hour? And you guys somehow manage to get into a fist fight?!" Her voice rising an octave by the end. Gosh I'm going to kill them. Brooke growls in my mind.

I agree. I say back, glaring at the boys.

Eli's P.O.V:

The twins look angry. Like, really angry and Jordi is holding Logan by his ear, obviously waiting to give him a taste of his own medicine. The day started off pretty well.

We went to the tux shop and got tuxes and ties that would match our dates-or dream dates in Asher and I's case, though Asher asked Brooke what Josie was wearing and I found out what Brooke was planning to wear for Asher, so we knew what to get. The other guys laughed at us and said it would be hilarious if they had dates that we didn't know about since we hadn't asked them. It would be just our luck.

We had gotten out of the shop after about 45 minutes-a purple tie for me and a red one for Asher- and beat the girls home, even though we had left two hours after them. Poor girls didn't have much luck finding the dresses and masks they wanted. Flash forward 30 minutes and Logan is losing to Asher pretty badly while playing Call of Duty which he had earlier called his baby. Wonder if Jordi knows he's cheating on her with a game. Anyway, I started telling Josie about how riled up Logan was getting right before he lost the game. They walked in just as the fist fight happened and they clearly wanted to start their own. Jordi's voice rang out across the room.

"LOGAN XAVIER WEST! GET OFF HIM NOW!!!" All of the girls were fuming, especially the twins who might have possibly just lost their coffee table maybe...they should know better than to have glass in the room that we always meet in. They've had to go to the furniture shop at least once a month so that their parents don't find out. What's really sad is that all of the workers know them by name and have a replica of just about every piece of furniture the twins own.

Unfortunately, this time the girls didn't have time to go to the shop because this was the exact moment that their parents decided to walk through the door. And froze at the sight before them.

"Josephine...Brooklyn..." uh oh, they're using full names. The girls are in so much trouble. Gone are their angry faces, now they look like they only want to melt through the floor. "What happened to our beautiful coffee table?" Mr. Anderson asks with a deathly calm voice. Everyone's heads turn to look at the shattered pieces wood and glass scattered all over the floor. Logan, being the genius that he is, speaks up.

"We were playing Call of Duty and I got upset and punched Asher, who fell onto the table and broke it." Mrs. Anderson's eye is twitching now.

"That was a wedding gift from my grandmother. She-" DING DONG. Thank God! Saved by the bell. Both Andersons go to the door, only to lose it when they see who's there; the couple who own the furniture shop are standing on the porch with a table identical to the one that just got smashed.

"Oh. Is this not a good time?" the woman asks awkwardly. "We'll just come back later..."

"Oh no no, I'd love to know how you knew to show up," Mr. Anderson growls. Brooke and Josie both look like they're going to faint when their parents speak up again.

"Gotcha." It doesn't dawn on any of us until the four adults start smiling like idiots. "You thought that you could replace half of the furniture without us noticing? Do you honestly believe we're that clueless?" I told the girls the fake stains they put on the couch would give it away. The parental figures glance around the room, taking in the open mouths and wide eyes. "Apparently you did. Whatever, y'all should have known better than to use grape juice to act as replacement for the wine spill on the couch, it smells totally different, though how you managed to break the couch in the first place is a mystery to the both of us." HA! I was right. We probably shouldn't tell them that we replaced it because Blair set it on fire though. That might upset them just a little bit.

Josie and Brooke speak up for the first time since their parents got home. "We're sorry, it's just, every single one of our friends seems to be either extremely destructive or accident prone." Everyone looks at me for the last one. It's not my fault that the floor trips me and the walls move to throw me off balance. Gosh, judgmental much?

"Mmhmm," Mrs. Anderson rolls her eyes and start picking up the coffee table shards. "I understand. Now get out of the house before you break something else." All the teens look at each other before shrugging and walking out the back door. As I'm turning around I hear Mrs. Anderson say under her breath "Yesh, you'd think with all the people who know magic, one of them would be able to fix broken furniture, but nooo that would be too easy." She sighs then continues on with her clean up. Poor woman.

I jog to catch up with the group, who has already gone outside and started debating what to do. I watch as Asher grabs Brooke and pulls her aside and decide it's time to man up and finally talk to Josie.

"Hey Josie can we take a walk?" I ask her, already getting nervous.

"Sure, let's go." She says. I lead us down the path to my favorite part of her backyard. In the middle of the mini forest is a huge willow tree that is absolutely beautiful and I feel like it will be the perfect place to go to calm me right now. Gosh I sound like such a girl.

We sit down underneath the hanging branches and look down at the ground. "So umm...Josie...I was wondering..."