Chapter 59

Violet's P.O.V.:

I finish wrapping the left arm of the last person in the make-shift clinic.

"How bad do you think it is out there," I jump in surprise and look up at the face of the older man.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask in confusion.

"How many people do you think are injured outside of that barrier," he says nodding his end towards the woods behind me.

I sigh and look behind me before saying, "To be honest a lot and all of them probably won't make it but we have healers and we'll do the best we can I guess." I give a small smile and turn away.

David waves me over to the patio where a tired looking Logan, Asher, and Jordi are sitting along with the guy from earlier, whose name I still don't know. I sit in front of them and fold my arms in front of me resting my head on them.

"Anyone hear anything?" I mumble closing my eyes.

"No," you can hear the worry in Asher's voice.

"I'm sure she's fine, Asher. She knows how to take care of herself and if something had happened we would know by now." I look up at him.

"We don't know that though, they could call be dead and we wouldn't now," he says growing more frantic.

"Asher, they are fine," Jordan cuts in. "Stop worrying so much."

"He wouldn't have to worry if we could be out there with them," the guy says looking at the table. I glare at him. He looks up and says, "I'm just saying. Throwing his hands up in surrender.

"You know you guys could be best friends if you didn't argue," Jordi says.

"He started it," I say childishly.

"You threw me into a tree!!" He exclaims.

"You..." I trail off he didn't do anything darn it. He gives me a smug look and I glare back at him. And then a perfect idea comes to me. A smirk grows on my face and a flash of confusion goes across his face. I think about his chair rising. After a few seconds it slowly starts rising and a scared look crosses his face. I think about his chair slowly going upside down. You can see his knuckles turn white as he grips the chair tighter as it goes forward. Only once he's facing the ground does he lose his grip and go tumbling off with a loud thud. The group tries not to burst out laughing but when we hear a high pitch wheeze, like the one that Loki does after Hulk smashes him into the ground in Avengers, we explode into a fit of laughter.

I slightly hear the growl through the laughter and a second later I'm tumbling out of my seat and down the deck stairs. I close my eyes and groan. I push against the person on top of me trying to get them off but the grip only tightens. I open my eyes when I feel when pain shoots through both my shoulder. I don't see the regular hazel eyes of Grumpy Wolf though, I see the brilliant golden eyes that many wolves have. I've always loved wolves eyes, I think staring at him, Violet focus now is not the time to be admiring his eyes. I look to left of me and see the rest of the group staring down at us.

"Help," I mouth to them. Daniel snaps out of the daze first and slowly starts heading towards us, the whole time this is going on Grumpy Wolf is breathing heavily and tightening his grip on my shoulders. Just as Daniel reaches the bottom step Grumpy snaps his head towards him and growls menacingly. Daniel immediately puts his hands up in surrender and slowly walks back up the stairs. I shake my head rapidly but he just gives me a sorry look and backs away. Grumpy turns his head back towards me and a wave of fear goes through me. Oh my gosh I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die, I repeat in my head. But he surprises me when he lowers his head to my shoulder and rests it there, he takes a few deep breathes and I feel him slowly relaxing.

Finally after about five minutes of not moving, so not to make him angry again, his grip on me looses enough that I can move my shoulders without having to worry about getting clawed again. Of course he's still straddling me and it seems like he's not going to move off me anytime soon. I give the group a thumbs up and wave at them to go away. They quietly leave us and I turn my head so I can look up at the clouds above us, trying to get comfortable.

"Sorry," I barely hear mumbled next to me ear. I only shrug but then wince when shoots of pain go down my arms.

"I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have flipped you off your chair, when all you've done is try and help me today," I say quietly. "I do think you need to work on control though."

"Yeah," he sighs, his head still on my shoulder. I close my eyes and sigh. A few seconds later I'm asleep with a guy that just wolfed out on me still laying on top of me.