Chapter 42

I took a sharp turn with my neck as I stared at Mark . Maya gasped and trembled a bit . Jared wanted to comfort her but a gun was immediately positioned to his head . I heard a sigh from Jared when he lowered his hands . All the while I was staring furiously at Mark for saying that .

And what does he mean ,he's a member of the porcupines ?

" You ,"- he pointed at Maya . " You seem to know very well what he's talking about , don't you ? "- he asked . He removed the gun from my head as I felt cool wind blow at that spot .

"Leave her alone ! "- I yelled .

" Shh , shhh , shhh "- he touched my lips but I had to remain calm even though I wanted to bite off his finger immediately . " We don't want anyone hearing us Ssscarlet "- he continued with a hiss as he pronounced my name .

I stared into his eyes and saw a smirk . He took off his finger and approached Maya again .

" As I was saying before --- someone interrupted , what do you know about the porcupines and the De villes ? "- he asked . I stared at him and Mark back and forth to have an idea of what was going on here right now .

Bang .

Maya loudly gasped and trembled when she realized he shot a few inches away from her .
" Tell . Me . What . You . Know or I won't miss the second time , "- he whispered a little audibly to her ear .

" T- the * sniffs *- v - "- she stuttered .

" SPEAK ! , oh sorry that's no way to treat a woman . You are our jewels aren't you . * Stares at Maya until she nods *- Good , so please begin. "- Luciano finished then whistled and as if like a guard and a Mafia leader's son thing , three of the guards formed a weird looking chair as he playfully sat and watched us . What is wrong with this guy ?

One of them served as a chair , one as a comforter when Luciano laid his head who was also seated on the neck of the guy Luciano had his behind on then lastly one to put his legs on .

To be honest , the chair looked amazing but slightly disturbing to look at.

" Go on , "- he urged .

" T- the porcupines were officially established after Mr. Victor betrayed "-

" No , no ,no , don't use that word . My grandpa would never do that , "- he said while touching his chest . " I'm really hurt because my grandpa was an honest man and would never even think of betraying a friend .b"- he ended .

" O- ok - he took all the money and left Jacob Porcupine nothing..... , " - she paused to seek approval to continue .

" Well technically you are right ... Hmm , yeah continue . No need to twist the truth . "- he said with a smile .

" He tried to tell on him to the sheriff but there was no evidence . In a fit of rage , he formed a Mafia gang where they named themselves The Porcupines . Whose aim was to kill every living De Ville in this town so once Mr. Victor found out , he - he also found his own gang ;The De villes . They have been rivals ever since , "- she completed with a sigh when Luciano clapped .

" Good job , very good . "- he got off the human chair and approached Mark .
" Do you understand why I excitedly now want to kill this - this - Porcupine , I mean I don't know your name so what else did you expect from me . "- he explained with a genuine chuckle . Are there sick people like him also out there ?

He pointed the gun to his head and placed his finger fully on the trigger . I looked at Mark's face who had an expressionless look on .
He turned to look at me staring at him but only replied with a sad smile .

I shook my head to him but he just turned and put on that expressionless face again .

" Please don't do this , "- I said to Luciano " I'm very sorry , I didn't mean to , it was out of anger . Please , please just let us go at least kill me but let them go . " - I pleaded then blinked away the stubborn tears .

" Why not Ssscarlet , I know you have gone through a lot in your father's hands but it's just that you seem to always attract trouble . Why is that ? Why Ssscarlet , why ? "- I shivered from fear by how he keeps pronouncing my name . Did he do a research on me ?

" First please , Mr . Luciano . Could you please help our friend out the van , please . He never got out "- I pleaded once more .

" Wow , you are just full of pleadings today and I'm honored to have squeezed so many pleases out of you , I'm very honored ."- he replied then snapped his fingers . "And you deserve an reward don't you ? " - he continued .

Two of his men ran towards the van as they soon brought an unconscious bleeding Kelvin in front of us .

Guns were pointed at us immediately we tried to check on him . We slowly backed away with our eyes still scanning his body .

" I've done what you pleaded for but none of you are to touch him . "- he commanded while staring at each of us.

" Good , Can I kill him now ~ , ughhh you guys are no fun . "- he whined then pointed the gun at Mark again . Mark remained silent with a straight face then closed his eyes . He looks so unique with his blonde hair and Amber eyes ; I think even though his clothes makes him look casual ,

I can't let him do this , this is all my fault and I'm going to fix it even if it leads to my death .

" You are such a coward for a mafia leader's son . You got whopped up by a girl and you don't even have the guts to shoot her first , "- I began and sadly ignored all the retreating signals from Maya and Jared .

I mumbled a sorry to them and turned back to Luciano who was already staring at me with a smirk .

" I'm sure you were a Mama's boy , well guess what --- your dad killed her and they say it was so brutal you wouldn't even recognize her anymore.
Why are you such a weakli..."- I was cut short as a big veiny hand threw my head abruptly to my right .

I held my left cheek as my eyes began sting .

" Arldof ! Why would you do that , "- he cooed and brought his hand to rub my cheek. " Stay there porcupine or I'll shoot the smart girl then Ssscarlet . "- he warned Mark who tried to get up .

" I'm sorry about Arldof , he can be very overprotective sometimes . "- he continued as I turned to look at the tall muscular man with white hair which annoyingly suits him .

" But you are right though . I'd be honored again to carry out your last wishes Ssscarlet "

He raised his hand and silenced the pleadings of my friends .
" If you don't keep quiet and let me do what I have do , I won't hesitate to visit your individual parents . "- he treathened then pointed the gun to me again .

I closed my eyes and filled my head with memories of my mom , Janet and blonde lady .

" Goodbye Ssscarlet "

Bang !

When I Finally Step Out . On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara