Mason and Sam have always placed a plate for me with my usual. Happily waiting exactly for the seven to strike I dug in, feeling myself starving. Yesterday was quite emotionally draining for me, but thinking back about the hug and purple rose made my insides turn upside down.

"Okay, what's up with you," Sammy snapped faking a disgusted face.

I tilted my head to the side, unsure of what he meant.

"This, you," his hand pointed at my face. "Creepy smile like for real, what's that about," he asked leaning in closer towards me.

I bit onto my bottom lip, not wanting to reveal what has happened. Not because I was embarrassed, but because they would tell me to stop this little fantasy of mine before I get hurt. And I wasn't ready to let it go just yet.

"Leave her alone Sam," Mason seemed to notice my discomfort.

I cleared my throat and remained silent.

"Anyway, how did yesterday go?" Sammy asked Daisy who with resistance kept on consuming her food.

"Since you weren't kind enough to share and neither was Isabel," Mason added calmly, but I saw annoyance hidden behind his words.

Daisy huffed, "She's a crazy bitch that's what happened."

We looked at her in shock.

"Care to elaborate?" Sam insisted while playing with his now empty cup of tea.

Daisy groaned, "She wants to be my friend for some fucking reason. I told her I'm not letting her into my pants so if that's what she wants, so she can fuck off, but nooooo... The almighty queen bee of Greenton High apparently simply enjoys my company." Even though she tried to remain mad, I could see a tiny smirk on her face.

"Dude, if that's how you get chicks then I got to be an ass too," Sammy commented.

"Well obviously, chicks don't want weak pussies, Sam," Daisy retorted.

"Fuck you," he swore back.

Daisy mimicked him, which caused a short banter to happen between the two. I couldn't help but exchange smiles with Mason, everything was slowly going back to normal, and I couldn't be happier.

"I love you guys," I confessed making them pause the verbal fight and look my way.

"You can speak again?!" Daisy almost screamed, causing everyone eating in the room to look towards our table.

I rolled my eyes, totally forgetting they still didn't know.

"Y-yeah..." I muttered shrugging. "It j-just happened, no big deal." Okay, I lied, but I really didn't want them to know, sue me.

"There's something up with you recently, did something happen?" Mason wondered looking concerned.

I puffed my cheeks, feeling pressured, I didn't want to lie to my friends, but I also believed there was nothing worth mentioning. They would only make things appear to be something they weren't.

"Oh, my God! Bitch, did something happen between you and Ms. Jones?!" Sam squealed like a teenage fangirl, causing me to cringe.

"No!"

Unfortunately, that hasn't convinced him. Heck, it just made me look more suspicious.

"How did you get home?" he carried on with the questions.

I rolled my eyes. "B-bus, obviously," I grumbled sinking into the chair.

"Hmmm, if you say so. Our sweetheart never lies..." Daisy said while nodding, her words causing pain in my heart. Now I felt like crap.