CH 91 || The Knight And His Precious

Dhruv

******

Saavi was sleeping like a baby, holding me. I didn't have the heart to wake up my sleeping beauty so I let her.

"Everything is fine now, love. Just like I have promised. The devils are gone and I assure you that I will never let the darkness reach you. I will always shield you through my light. Though, I want you to stand beside me and fight your own battles just like you have always done. Because you, my love, is a warrior, my warrior queen." I confessed before kissing her forehead.

With my one slight movement muffin's sleep was disrupted. She opened her eyes slowly rubbing them with her right hand. When her eyes landed upon me she blinked multiple times to make sure I was there, with her.

"Dhruv." she called smiling.

"Yes, love. Good Afternoon." She had slept when I reached home after the mission. I woke up after having a sleep of four hours as my phone's ringtone disturbed my sleep when grandpa had called.

I was caressing her cheeks softly through the back of my fingers when she said, "Good Afternoon, My Cuddly Bear," and snuggling more into me.

"Your what?"

"My Cuddly bear. You keep me warm."

"Really?" I smiled at the cute nickname she gave.

Muffin pulled my left cheek and said, "Yes, my mushy, warm, sweet, handsome cuddly bear."

"Someone had a good sleep it seems."

"Yes, perfectly" she replied putting her hand on my heart.

Muffin winched in pain when she tried to move her other hand. I got alarmed and said, "Careful, squirrel."

Looking at her left hand her eyes became glossy.

"It hurts," she whined.

"Don't worry. I will get it removed from your hand."

"When?"

"In a few minutes." I texted Namit to call the nurse from the nearest dispensary. In the next twenty minutes, the painful needle was gone. It took a lot of convincing for me to convince Riddhi's Uncle and he had to give in, at last. I was certain a good scolding was coming my way and I was ready for the same.

The nurse left and so did everyone. When little one was about to go out muffin stopped her.

"Dhri."

"Yes."

"Where are Mom, dad, and Shanvi?" Saavi asked about the whereabouts of her parents and her sister.

"They have gone to Surbhi aunty's house." Saavi looked troubled hearing it and I understood the reason. Shrikant Uncle was dead in front of the whole world and going out in sheer daylight might cause a problem but I had already done the arrangements.

"Don't worry. My men are with them. No one will notice Uncle."I assured my wife that everyone was safe as I had ensured their safety by sending my trusted men with them.

"Now, take a shower you both, and also I have a surprise." said my little one.

"For muffin?"

"For you too Duv." The way my sister was excited and her widened smile was giving me wrong signals.

When she left I asked Muffin, "She seems excited, should I be worried?"

Crossing her arms in front of her chest Muffin accused playfully, "Doubting your sister, Mr. Kapoor?"