CH 10 || The Unanticipated Proposal

Saavi

******

I ventured into the large structure of my school apprehensively. The dread of experiencing individuals who menace me wasn't leaving me, yet I needed to attend. I didn't want to flee like a weakling. I had made up my mind to face my issues no matter what.

Taking a full breath, I went inside the library. Dhruv and the others came early and studied with me, even Jai went along with us. I was not inclined to agree, because I didn't need anybody to see us together. The second any of my harassers would have seen me with Dhruv and the others, they would do something to me.

After the bell rang, I rushed to the study hall. As I was going to enter my class, I stumbled over somebody's foot and was going to fall when a pair of arms saved me from kissing the ground. I hoped to track down similar green eyes taking a gander at me with concern. Pulling it together, I was going to leave when Dhruv held my hand and said to somebody, "Apologize to her."

"What did I do?" I heard the recognizable voice and discovered it was one of Jai's friends.

"You did it intentionally. I saw it with my own eyes. Apologize, right now."

"I will not," he said and began chuckling with others.

"Apologize, Nikhil." came Jai's voice.

"What? What's up with you? You, surprisingly, are saying that?"

"Indeed, you fouled up and now you need to apologize for that," answered Jai.

"What on the off chance that I don't?"

"At that point from here on out, I am not your friend."

I needed to interfere to prevent them from belligerence and I went to sit on the last seat. Riddhi came and sat close to me. Dhruv and Namit picked the adjacent seat, while Arjun and Rohit sat on the seat before us.

The entire class was stunned and gazing in our direction. Jai and Nikhil have been best of friends and now Jai was perched on the seat in Dhruv's front, alone. Niharika was frowning at me and I could detect something was going on in her psyche.

During the chemistry lab lecture, everybody went to the lab however I remained behind coming up with an excuse. I was making an effort not to be seen with the elite group and I even succeeded but only in that lecture.

I thought about going to my ideal safe-house place during lunch, where no one will discover me except for Jai who discovered me before I could go there.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Mrs. Pathak called me." Lying about the explanation I began to disappear when he said, "The staff room is that way."

"Yeah, I know," I said and moved towards the bearing of the staff room.

"Saavi, wait. I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault Jai. What Nikhil did was...." Cutting me off in mid, he said,

"I'm not discussing Nikhil. I realize you don't bring lunch as a result of me. I'm sorry." Saying this he looked down low.

"How often do I need to disclose to you that I have pardoned you as of now?"

"Then Why are you here and not with us?"

Now, what was I expected to say? I stayed silent and he took me to the cafeteria. When I entered the cafeteria, the individuals who knew me looked at me as though they have seen an apparition. Obviously, they would act like that all things considered, I ventured into the cafeteria for the first time in my life. Dhruv came towards me, held my hand, and took me where most of them were at that point sitting. Jai left his old companions and went along with us as well.