CH 57 || Light In Midst Of Darkness

Dhruv

******

"No, way," I said sternly.

"Dhruv, please." she pleaded pouting and I was about to melt.

"Not working," I replied and she frowned.

"Please, please, please." She started making puppy eyes.

'Oh, God! Who taught her all this?' I thought.

'Focus Dhruv, focus, you can't succumb.' Gladly, my inner-self helped me.

"La la la la la." Closing my ears with my palm I started speaking gibberish so that she didn't stand a chance.

"Dhruv, stop." she had removed my hand from my ears.

"Only if you say that you will not agree."

Fidgeting with her fingers she replied, "But I already agreed." I was shocked at her confession. How could she do that to me?

"Do you support all this?" I queried but she didn't respond.

"I crossed 7000km just to be away from you and sleep in another room?"

Muffin had been trying to convince me for the last fifteen minutes to follow some shitty rituals that say that we had to be away from each other after our engagement till our marriage. Not only we had to be apart, but we also weren't supposed to even see each other. It was so absurd.

"But rituals..." Cutting her mid I cursed, "Fuck the rituals." but regretted it later when her expression changed.

She looked displeased with the comment I made. Scowling at me she mumbled something under her breath and looked so cute. She had turned away and I was trying to pull her to me.

"I am not talking to you," she said.

"But, please."

"Why did you use the cuss word?"

If she would have heard me dealing with my enemies and see my usual chat with my friends she would never talk to me that was for certain.

"Sorry, I will not use it from now on."

Crossing her arms in front of her chest she turned around.

"I promise," I said holding my little finger to her.

"Ok," she replied while holding my finger.

Phew! That was easy. I thought she would not forgive me soon.

"Dhruv, these rituals are for us only, please agree to it."

"But I have a condition."

"Condition?"

"Hmmm...Kiss me," I said bluntly making her jaws drop to the ground. Red colour had embraced her cheeks making her more beautiful than ever. I knew she won't agree and that's how we would not have to follow the stupid ritual. I was being smart.

'Stop praising yourself idiot, you are going to miss a chance of kissing the beautiful angel.', mocked my inner-self.

'Oh, Shit! I didn't give a thought to it.', I replied.

'Because you are an idiot.'

She was feeling shy, lowering her eyes and fidgeting with her fingers. I wanted to remove this awkwardness so I decided to tell her I was kidding.

Before I could do that I felt something soft on my lips.

'Am I dreaming,' I thought? But no, I wasn't.