CH 15 || READY TO GET HITCHED?

Dhruv

******

I was having breakfast when my phone beeped, demonstrating a message. At the point when I opened it I discovered grandpa's message. He had sent me the address where I needed to go during lunch to meet some Mr. Awasthi and his girl whose name I failed to recollect.

There was no way out as grandpa was determined to such an extent that he would have brought them to my office on the off chance that I won't go to lunch. I needed to come out with a plan before grandpa makes me ruin somebody's life.

With that idea running to me, I finished my morning meal and got ready in my normal clothes that were neither too extravagant nor really awful. I didn't have a wish to dazzle those individuals grandpa was forcing me to meet.

As I went out Chatterjee Uncle was already hanging tight for me outside the car. "Good Morning Sir."

"Good Morning Chatterjee Uncle and how frequently do I need to tell you that if it's not too much trouble, call me Dhruv. You are older than me and I might want you to call me by my name."

"But how can I?

"Chatterjee Uncle, even Rana Uncle used to call me by my name. Please, I will be extremely cheerful if you do likewise." He was hesitant however I caused him to consent to my desire.

He drove us to my office and I headed inside. I went inside my cabin and began to look at the new project details. Niharika sent me the reports of the project arranged by her. I had back-to-back meetings starting from 9 a.m to 12 p.m.

After the last meeting, I returned to my cabin followed by Niharika. Niharika and I discussed the pros and cons of the project and then after a while, she asked, "Why don't you take a vacation for a while?"

"Vacation? For what?"

"You have been working tirelessly nowadays and the last time you were not in office was the point at which you went to India for your sister's marriage, however, you telecommuted around then. You haven't withdrawn since the time you have begun this organization."

"Thanks for your concern my dear friend however I would prefer not to go on a get-away. Moreover, I need to work this much to take this company to greater heights."

Grinning at me she answered, "As you wish Mr.CEO" and went to her cabin. Following a couple of moments, my phone rang. I scowled at the caller id yet with no choice, I had to pick it up.

"Where are you?" Grandpa inquired.

"In office."

"Don't tell me you are going to bail on me."

"No grandpa, I was in a meeting some time prior and will be there soon."

"Alright, come quick. They have come as of now." He said and hung up the call.

I was thinking how desperate Mr.Awasthi was to offer his daughter to marry off that he arrived at 12:30. Talking about grandpa, I knew he probably would have reached the place at noon in fervour.

In any case, I had decided to burst the bubble of his excitement. I was aware I will be named as the most noticeably terrible grandson but it was still a better option rather than running somebody's life.

I took my blazer which was held tight in my seat and went out informing Niharika to cancel the meetings booked scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m. She gave an inquisitive look at me and I mouthed 'grandpa' and she comprehended what was going to happen so she showed me a thumbs up.