CH 3 || Only Time Will Tell

Dhruv

******

"Seriously dude, Maths tuition? I mean all you got was this excuse?" yelled Arjun in a disappointed tone.

"Shut up Arjun! I think he did the right thing." Namit said to him.

"Yeah, I think so too." Riddhi too agreed with Namit.

"I agree with Arjun. It's the worst excuse. They don't even show this in movies nowadays." It was Rohit.

I told my friends about how I approached Saavi. Riddhi and Namit have been supporting me but according to Rohit and Arjun, this was a bad idea. But that's the only thing that came to mind at that time.

"Guys, let me do this my way, and if anything happens I know you all got my back, right?"

"Always." they all said in unison.

"So, you told her you will see her in the evening, then why the hell are you here right now?" Arjun asked.

"I don't want to look desperate," I replied rubbing the nape of my neck. Although I was more than desperate yet I knew she would definitely not like it.

All the time my mind was clouded with her thoughts only. I could see her smiling face in front of my eyes. I hugged my pillow thinking of it as Saavi and slept.

******

Saavi

******

I went inside the school, hoping to not see Dhruv again. Yesterday he said he will see me in the evening but didn't. I guess it was all a bet. I was hoping maybe a little bit he was being genuine, but who am I kidding he is not different from others.

I know I am being judgy, but what do you expect from a person like me who has been bullied for no reason, who has been treated like shit for no reason, who has been abandoned by her own family.

I shrugged away all the thoughts and went straight to the library. I was dozing off while studying.

Why? Because of Dhruv. His smiling face was not leaving my mind. I guess it was because no one smiled that genuinely at me.

Wait! What? Genuine Smile?

A few minutes ago I was thinking that he was just like others and now I think his smile is genuine. What the hell is wrong with me?

Focus Saavi, focus. You have to leave this place forever in a few days. Don't let anything distract you from your goal.

I shifted my focus back to my studies. I was feeling weak too as today also I was not able to eat anything.

"So when shall we start?" came the voice of the person I was not planning to see. I looked to my side and he was standing with his hands inside his pocket dazzling his million-dollar smile at me.

Can anyone please tell me how this guy manages to look this handsome?

Shit! I am again having those thoughts. Saavi this boy is doing something with your brain.

"I never said yes," I replied and continued to look at my book.

"Saavi please, I don't want to fail," he said and sat on the chair beside me.

"You passed all these years without any tuition and now suddenly you want tuition and that too by me?"

"Because you are a good teacher and you are kind and sweet too."