CH 17 || Would Rather Die

Arjun

******

I woke up at my usual time and went to check on Dhruv, however, I discovered the room was vacant. I figured he may be in the washroom however he wasn't. At the point when I was going out to check different rooms, I saw a sticky note on the table close to the bed.

Thanks for last night and sorry for troubling you.

----Dhruv

For what reason did it seem like he was a young lady whom I helped? I thought.

Which guy writes, 'Thanks for the last night'

I shook my head forcing those thoughts to fly out of my mind. I presumed my peculiar thoughts were the results of the Korean shows my father used to make me watch.

Without wasting any second after those thoughts had gone I called Chatterjee Uncle and he disclosed to me Dhruv was at home. I decided not to disturb him as I knew he would surely need some alone time.

******

Dhruv

******

I woke up with a pulsating pain in my mind. It felt as though somebody was hitting my head with a mallet. I sat on the bed grasping my head firmly with my hands. I glanced around and found the surrounding was not the one I used to see when I open my eyes every day. It was Arjun's home but I didn't have the slightest idea of what I was doing there.

A few minutes later, some of the events of last night came rushing to me. I couldn't recall a lot, yet I did recollect that Arjun came to get me when I was drowning in liquor.

It was 5 AM and I thought about leaving without waking my friend as I might not want to answer his questions. I called Chatterjee Uncle and he arrived quickly. Leaving a note behind I went home.

I was still not sober as covering the distance from the door of my house to my bedroom took 10 minutes which doesn't even take more than mere 2 minutes on other days

In the wake of arriving at my room, I dropped down on my bed and laid down with the possibility of not intending to awaken at any point in the near future.

******

The girl in the white dress seemed like her to me. I attempted to stop her yet she didn't. In the wake of pursuing her for over an hour, I halted. I was gasping gravely and the second I halted she stopped too as though she needed to be chased.

"Please, turn around for once," I said, trusting that she would concur. I was heedless to why I was feeling as if she was someone I knew, someone I had been waiting for, for quite a long time.

She turned around but I was unable to see her face clearly. The sun was sparkling so splendidly that it made me squint my eyes and the only thing I could see was her beautiful smile. The smile that once used to make my days cheerful. Also, exactly when I thought I would be able to see her face, she disappeared.

I looked for her all over the place, yet couldn't find her. She was gone.

******

I opened my eyes after getting disturbed by the consistent ringing of my phone and that is the point at which I realized the girl in white had appeared in my dream and wasn't real. The alcohol was showing weird impacts.