Jackson Lamont

Mulai dari awal

"I might be old, but I am not dead

"I might be old, but I am not dead."

He looked at Bill.

"You are one lucky man."

Jackson passed a small wooden box to Bill.

"Crack that open, Bill and lets have a toast."

"Thank you."

Bill opened the box.

"Shit. Forty year old Glenfiddich. Wow. You sure you want to open this?"

"Pumpkin said you like good scotch. I am a rye drinker myself, but I figured, why not try something new."

"This is an expensive scotch," Bill reminded him.

Jackson sat in one of the comfortable armchairs.

"Are you going to stand there all day, Bill, or are you going to open that bottle. What's the sense of having something good, unless you can enjoy it."

Bill smiled.

"You're right, Jackson."

Bill opened the expensive scotch and poured four shots. After giving everyone a glass, he lifted his.

"To new friends and new beginnings."

The four drank.

Jackson licked his lips.

"I could get used to that. Good shit."

He held out his glass.

"Pour us another one, Bill and lets sit and have a pow-wow."

Bill sat on the couch near Matty, while Jackson and Gail sat across from them in the armchairs.

"First off, Bill, Matty, I must say, you have a very unique house here, but I love it."

Matty smiled.

"Thank you Jack. We love it."

"Actually this whole little town here is just amazing. I have never seen anything like it. I understand why you worked so hard to save it. There are enough ghost towns all over the Canada. It would have been a shame to see this one added to the list."

He took a deep breath and sat forward in his chair.

"I cannot even begin to apologize for my son in law's behaviour. If I had my way, I would stick him in the middle of a stampede and let the cows deal with him."