Cheesy

Daichi's POV

I rushingly clean the gym and wave towards the team before chasing off. I wanted to get home earlier...well, anything can be earlier than last night.

"Hey, Daichi! Do you think you have-" I hear Michimiya shout, "hey, michi, uhm..no. I don't have time. I promised my mom I'd be home early since last night- yeah. I don't want to be late."

"Oh! Okay! See you later Daichi!" I wave as I race home. I open the door and find Suga asleep on the couch. Was he asleep all day? The pink stick notes were stacked on top of each other on the coffee table, so he did see them.

I smile as I sit on the ottoman that extended from the couch. I lay on my side, looking at him. There was a loud knock on the door that caused him to abruptly wake up.

"Daichi...?" He groans, rubbing his eyes. The knocking continues.

"Yeah, sugar. Just stay here okay?" He nods as I get up and go to the door. It was his mother.

"Hey Suwamura, is Sugawara with you?" I shake my head, "no, I thought he went home? What's going on?" Acting wasn't one of my strong suits but I hope I was convincing enough. Just imagine if he didn't get away from those rapists...then it wouldn't be acting.

"I'm afraid he ran away again. Or gone missing. Either or. I thought he was here." I shake my head, putting a worried expression on my face, "don't worry. He'll come back eventually...I'll make sure of it."

"I'll make sure to tell you if he's in Miyagi..." she nods her head.

"Well, bye..." I say shutting the door. Once I hear the car leave I look back at him, he looked upset.

"Well...that really isn't something I wanted to wake up to."

"Forget about it...she didn't suspect a thing." I say, locking the door and walking back towards him, laying back down on the ottoman. I brush his bushy bangs behind his ear.

"How was your day?" He asks, shutting his eyes again.

"Long..." I breathe out, cupping his cheek with my hand.

"Hmph...I hate you." I'm surprised by this, "no you don't." 

"Yes I do."

"No you don't."

"Yes I do."

"I need an explanation." He smiles and opens his eyes, they were brighter than this morning...good.

"I can't stay mad at you if you put up cheesy things..."

"What do you mean cheesy?" He gives me a 'duh' look, "you quoted a Desperate House Wives line. And then proceeded to makes love doodles around it." I smile lightly, "did I now?" I did. He took the time to read every single one?

"Yes, you did. You also listed over 70 reasons on why I'm the best person you've ever met." He looks into my eyes and we sit in silence, just staring at each other. After two minutes, he looks away. He can never have eye contact for long than a minute. He's getting better though.

"Did you believe it?" He shrugs, turning on his back to stare at the ceiling, "starting to."

"Starting to know that you love me? Or-"

"I love you, Daichi." He says, straight out. No stutter or flustering at all.

"I love you too S-"