Angry or Upset

This chapter talks about sexual and emotional abuse. Please do not carry on with reading if this bothers you. It's not too heavy but it's still mentioned and explained. Read at your own risk.

Otherwise, enjoy this chapter ♥️

Daichi's POV

"We'll be back before dark!" I shout as we walk out the door.

"Are we ever out after dark?" Suga teases. Now that I think of it, we haven't. Maybe once or twice but my mom didn't know him.

"Is that a complaint?" Suga shakes his head, continuing to walk, "nope." Those kinds of questions didn't seem to bother him anymore. His full name still made him flinch. But there's still progress.

I intertwine my fingers with his as we walk through the streets.

"So where do you want to go for breakfast?" I look over at him as he turns around, now walking backwards in front of me, biting his lip.

"What if I said that..I just said that because I didn't want you to be mad anymore?" He smiled and I shook my head, "I wasn't mad." He turned around, now walking side by side by me.

"Yes you were."

"I was upset."

"Same thing."

"It's really not."

"It really is because-"

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" We both look over our shoulders to see Bokuto, followed by Kuroo and Oikawa.

———————————

"So did you find out all of Mr. Refreshing's secrets?" I sigh as I look up and see Suga laughing with Bokuto and Kuroo. I shake my head, "I doubt. But I got most of them..."

"About sexual abuse?"

"I have a feeling he's the one that got sexually abused..."

"Why is that?" Oikawa asks, taking a sip out of his milkshake.

"He flinches when someone says his full name. He flinches when someone shouts at him...even the lift of a hand scares him."

"Have you guys argued?"

"Almost...last night. It didn't seem that bad though..."

"Well, I think the sexually abused is out of the frame then."

"What do you mean?" I ask, furrowing me eyebrows.

"It sounds like emotional trauma." Oikawa claims, placing his milkshake down.

"I'm connecting the dots now.." Oikawa shrugs, "you should ask him."

"Ask him what? If he has emotional trauma? No!"

"Well, it was worth a try. But...Daichi?"

"Hm?"

"Don't give up on him. Based on what I know, he loves you-"

"But-"

"No buts! He does...I could tell."

"Oh, hey..uhm, how are you and Iwai?"

"Ah- uhm...Iwa-Chan decided that a girl was a better decision than me."

"Oh Oi-"

"It's fine. I'm fine..." he shakes off, "just hurt." I nod my head as the three others race over to us.

Suga runs over to my side and I wrap one arm around his waist, "how is the day going?" He looks up at me and smiles, "it's going great." I look at Oikawa and silently sigh. Wow...