Sorry!

Daichi's POV

"See you later!" I wave to my mother before exiting the home. It's my first year of high school and it was kind of nerve racking.

'I wonder if the volleyball team is any good...' I thought, I lived for volleyball. I loved it. As soon as I was about to drift into a thought, somebody bumps into me.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I look down at the male voice and see a pale guy, panicking to pickup books. I crouch down and hand him three books he's dropped. He quickly grabs it and gets up, running away, "I'm sorry!" He shouts.

"It's okay?" I mumble as I start walking again. Who was he? I barely got a look at his face. But his hair...I've never seen that color anywhere. And his pale skin was almost- if it was more of a bluish grey, you'd probably think he was dying (today and tomorrow reference😃). It's alright. It's not like I'd ever see him again.

*RIIIINNNNG*

"Welcome first years. We're welcomed to have you." Coach Ukai begins his speech and we finally introduce ourselves.

All our heads turn towards the door as we hear it open, loudly.

"I'm sorry I'm late! I got caught cleaning the classroom!" My eyes widen as I see that ashe blonde hair. I examine his face more clearly, his smile is bright, he has a dark spot under his left eye. As he stops smiling, his eyes open and his eyes are a light hazel. Beautiful. I look away quickly as he races his way to the line up. I glance over again and see him staring at me. I glance back upwards, getting ready to introduce myself.

"Suwamura Daichi, first year, and my position is a wing spiker" I bow my head and lift it back up. After me, it was his turn.

"Oh uhm- I-I'm Sugawara Kōushi or..." he suddenly goes quiet, "or Kōushi Sugawara."

"Call me Suga." He says with a small smile, "oh uh- I'm a first year and I'm a setter." A setter? He is relatively short. As the coach begins talking, he lets us exit practice fairly early. I see him grab his stuff and I take a breath and jog up to him. He looks up at me and instantly give off a small smile.

"Hey, Suwamura." He looks back down, grabs his stuff and begins walking.

"Wait, Suga." He looks back at me, "hm?"

"Uhm- never mind...it's nothing."

"You're weird. I mean- uh sorry..."

"It's fine. Do you think you can help me out with something?"

"Of course, what is it?"

"I really need to work on my spikes...do you think you can help?" I rub my hand behind my neck. He looks at with a goofy smile, not saying anything.

"That's only if you got time! I don't have to right now-"

"Are you saying you don't want help right now?" Suga teases, which makes me shake my head, immediately.

"No, no, no, no, no- uhm...is it alright if you help right now?" I look away from his stare and look around the gym, seeing that the net isn't put away, leaving us to put it away anyway.

"It's okay. I got time. Let's go!" He races towards the ball carrier and grabs a ball.

After a few sets, it seemed that our combos were less sloppy, the ball seemed to match with my hand perfectly. He was a great setter. Probably one of the best I've seen in a while.

"Okay, last one!" He gives me a smile as he nods. As soon as I hit this one,the ball falls onto the other side of the net.

"That was amazing, Suga!"

I can get used to this.

---------

Okay...this was surprising because I just did it. This was supposed to be done weeks ago but you know- writers block. But I got it done and I'm so proud of myself!!!

Words- 665

Finished- September 6th

Vote

Comment

Share

...