A Note

Sugawara's POV

I slowly open my eyes and feel warm. There was a blanket on top of us...did Daichi's mom come home?

I release from Daichi's grip and sit upwards, being careful not to wake him up.

I look up at the clock, "okay...4:45...I should go." I look around for a piece of paper before finding a notepad by the phone. I write a quick message and set it next to Daichi. I grab my stuff before leaving. As soon as I walk out I feel that pit in my stomach that I haven't felt for a couple days...

"It's just anxiety." People like to tell me but I've had this feeling my whole life. It constantly feels like I have to throw up and it only stops when I'm with Daichi...

————————

"Where have you been?!" I shut the door behind me,not looking up, just wanting to ignore everything.

"A friends."

"A boyfriends." Imaki walks downstairs, yawning.

"Boyfriend?" My mom looks over at me with a weird expression on her face. I shake my head, "no."

"Suga-"

"I'm going to my room..."

"Is this because your dads birthday is coming up."

"It's none of your business. I just like spending time alone..."

"Suga, it's been over a year since he passed away,when are you going to give this up?"

"Whenever I feel like someone actually loves me. Because dad was the only one of you two that did. Forget it."

"Sugawara." I flinch and stop myself from walking away. I turn around and look down, "what?"

"Answer the question, truthfully. Are you acting this way because of your father's birthday?"

"I'm being like this because no one seems to realize how much pain I'm in, besides for Daichi."

"Who is Daichi?"

"His boyfriend." Imaki mutters to my mom, "he's not my boyfriend! Just leave me alone..." the lie hurt. A lot. I race up into my room, locking the door in return.

"God...it is almost dad's birthday...." I toss my bag onto the bed and sigh, sliding down the door. What do I do? I don't have a phone and I have school work absolutely caught up on. I look at the corner of my room and see a volleyball. I grab it before gently setting it in the air.

——————

6 pm.

I have been laying on the bed, just looking at the ceiling for the last half hour. Just silence. But my head was filled with different thoughts.

A knock on my door let's me break out of thought. I don't move. I just lay there, not wanting to open the door.

"Suga...open the door."

"Why?"

"Suga." I silently sigh to myself as I get off the bed, a little dizzy. I unlock the door and open it slightly, only being able for me to fit through.

"Hm?"

"Let's talk." My anxiety heightens as I let her in and shut the door, locking it again. I sit next to her on the bed, crossing my legs, curling myself into a ball, sitting up.

"Suga, what do you need?"

"I don't need anything..."

"Suga...I know we both want your father back."