Someone New

Sora's POV

"Let me see!" The two boys were in the living room. Daichi was holding up the remote, teasing Suga, they both had smiles on their faces again. Everything was resolved. There was still a small tension but it was better. Before, they couldn't even look at each other. A smile of my own started to form.

Haru walks through the door, saying hello to the two boys in the living room before walking over to me. I peck his lips with a smile.

"And why are you so happy?" This was new. Usually the house wasn't this alive.

"What? I can't love you?" I smile before turning back around, cooking supper.

Kōushi did this. He made this family really happy...he out us together.

————————
Suga's POV

"Let me see!" I laugh, jumping for the remote.

"Or what, Sugar?" Daichi teases. I shake my head and jump for it again. The door opens which causes us to freeze.

"Hey, Mr. Suwamura." I smile, "Hello, Sugawara."

"Hey Dad-" I grab the remote quickly and run away.

"Suga!" He shouts, I laugh as I race upstairs and into his room, shutting the door.

"Sugar!" He knocks, I giggle, looking at the remote.

Beep beep

I look over at the bed and see his phone screen light up.

Michimiya: Hey, Daichi! Are you still up for the plans?

It's nothing...it's nothing. It's nothing, Suga. I open the door, "hey, is everything okay?" Daichi asks, I nod and give a small smile, "yep. Perfectly fine. Let's go watch a movie." Daichi nods suspiciously.

"We'll be back boys!" We nod as the two adults walk out the house.

———————

Half way through the movie, I feel myself spacing off, not really watching it. Daichi finally pauses the movie, which cause me to snap out of my gaze.

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been like this for.." he looks at the time in the tv, "about an hour now..what's on your mind, sugar?"

"If I told you nothing, would you believe me?" I ask, looking up at him. He shakes his head, pulling me closer, "nope. Because you've been spacing out and not responding to me at all."

"I'm probably just tired, it's nothing. I promise." We sit there in silence, neither of us wanting to risk anything.

"I highly doubt that." I sigh, "a-are you getting..tired of me?" He furrows his eyebrows and I look down, afraid of his response.

"Weird things go on inside your brain, Suga. No. Never. It's a little impossible for me at this point." My anxiety was lighter but I wasn't sure. I don't want to ask him straight out.

"Okay...uhm..you can start the movie now." I smile quickly, turning around. The movie begins playing and once the movie reaches it's hour and half mark, I fell asleep.

—————————
Daichi's POV
After Suga fell asleep, I bring out my phone and sigh at the message on the screen. God, why did it have to be at that time.

M- Hey Daichi! Are you still up with plans?

D- Yeah, of course. May I bring someone?

M- of course! More the merrier!

I shut off my phone and curl up with the boy in front of me, "I guess you really were tired, weren't you?" I joke to myself, whispering. I peck his temple, rubbing his arm gently, "I promise you...I'll prove that I love you..."

"Because I haven't been doing that lately...have I?" I whisper.

————————

Sora's POV

Haru and I walk in and find the two boys asleep on the couch, curled up with each other under a blanket. Daichi's phone kept going off, it's screen lighting up every little moment. I know I shouldn't look at who it was but I couldn't, it was Michimiya, an old childhood crush he had. Did they get in touch again?

"You know, it's not the best to look at your son's phone." I jump and hit Haru's chest, "shut up. It's Michimiya." I whisper. Suga turns around, facing Daichi, still asleep. But this movement caused both Haru and I to jolt backwards.

Crash

My computer mouse fell off the table, causing a loud noise. Suga's eyes open before closing again. I breathe out silently and shake my head.

"Let's just let them sleep. They both need it." Haru nods as we walk upstairs.

———————

Daichi's POV

Two day later

"Where exactly are we going?" Suga asks, leaning on the wall, watching me tie my shoes.

"You are going to meet someone new" I reply, getting up.

"That's not really my strong quality." He chuckles, grabbing my hand.

"Have fun!" My mom shouts out before we walk out the door.

"It isn't, is it?"

Michimiya's POV
I was excited to spend another day with Daichi. I missed him a ton. He said he was bringing someone.

"Hey, Michimiya!" Daichi waves.

"Hey, Daichi!" I wave. He had a boy around our age behind him. He looked shy. He was holding Daichi's hand, he had grey hair, hazel eyes,and was really thin.

"This is Sugawara Kōushi." Sugawara smiles brightly, "Hi.." he says shyly. I wave and smile lightly before hugging Daichi. Their hands separated as he hugs me lightly back. Sugawara seemed lost. As we pull away, their hands attach again. Are they together?

"Before we go, do you want any ice cream?" Daichi nods, he puts his head down and whispers something in Sugawara's ear, Sugawara responding with a nod.

"I-I can pay it myself, my mom left me $20 dollars last week." He offers shyly, "no, no! It's okay." Sugawara shakes his head as he hands Daichi the money.

"Vanilla?" Daichi points at Sugawara and Sugawara nods.

"Strawberry?" He asks me and I nod. As soon as he walks away, you can feel the awkwardness in the air. It was uncomfortable.

"I'm guessing you know...about..." he nods, "y-yeah..I do."

"I have a question. And you could tell me if it's too much.." he nods again, "are you and Daichi a thing? Or...together?" He sends me a small bright smile, "actually, no. We're not."

What?

————————————End of chapter————————

I love the fact that it took me longer than usual to write this because of ✨writers block✨

Anyways, have a nice day

Vote

Comment

Share

...

-Olive (nicknamesssss)