9

Everest

She cowered away and pushed her back against the rock behind her. And only then did I realize how awful I was being to her. Just as I was about to let her go she grabbed onto my wing that wrapped around her shoulders.

I felt a rush of pleasure lower itself in my stomach. I started to shake it felt so nice. I opened my mouth to tell her to keep touching my wing- that the feeling was so nice I could burst. But all that came out instead was a moan against her ear. She doesn't know what she's doing!

"Fuck, didn't your father teach you to never touch a beast's wings?" I say my voice coming out in a rasp. I closed my eyes tightly. Don't look at her and restrain yourself. It'll only make you want her more.

"I'm sorry." She whispers and moves past me. She elegantly lifts her dress even though it was soaked, tattered, and muddy. She wraps her fingers around the hem and wrings out all the water. She prepares herself, picks up her tweed basket, and starts to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask trying not to make it come out so direct and ordered. I came to realize that's the only way I spoke to people, but it's only because I have been trained that way. Trained by my father to be commanding and tough for the future.

"H-home." She tells me quickly while stepping back and grabbing her basket of silver pears.

She turned her back to me. How dare she leave without my permission?

I clench my fists and my wings lift me off the ground I fly in front of her while keeping myself hovering.

"You can't leave. You're on my territory, which means you belong to me." I say loudly. That wasn't completely true, she didn't belong to me. But, she was on my territory and I had every right to imprison her. Deep down the thought made me feel good. I could take care of her in the dungeons of my castle. I would always know where she was at.

"Please." She whimpers and meets my eyes. Hers were full of unshed tears. The sight broke my heart. What am I doing? I am cruel. A monster. I watched her shiver from the cold and decided I wouldn't keep her from her father just so I could fulfill a sick desire of my own.

Reaching out to touch the mystery woman I'm met with her shutter away from me. I pull back in remorse, stuffing my hands in my pockets. What happened to the respect I was so fond of moments ago?

She gripped her basket she nodded a goodbye before moving past me in a haste to leave.

I made sure I kept myself facing away from her. If I watched her leave I was guaranteed to follow. Just to make sure she got home safe that's all.

You know that's not such a bad idea. I turn on my heel quickly and follow her scent into the woods. All I'm doing is making sure she gets home safely. Then, I'll leave and never look back. It's the right thing to do.

I manage to catch up. She was running and now and again she looked over her shoulder and stopped. I made sure I was hidden.

I followed along silently. But over time, her long strides slowed as she pushed back a clump of dead roses and fronds.

She disappeared behind them. I stood watching her now empty space. The place where she once was. I hovered over the ground my wings flapping and spanned out behind my back.

I flew higher into the tall oak tree. Found a sturdy bench and couldn't help but admire the beautiful cabin. "Is she safe there?" I thought but quickly pushed the notion away. She lives with her dad, safe. I hope.

She ran into the house, slammed the wooden door behind her and everything went silent. The birds continued to sing and the leaves rustled loud as darkness soon came.