8

Everest

I would usually have the dream I always have when I slept in my bed or the castle. The little girl in the forest from years ago was ripped apart by us. My family, my friends. The monsters I knew. We were cruel and craved human blood.

The dream always started the same way. It was the annual hunt, I found that girl in the woods crying and bloody. The smell of her delicious blood coaxed me to eat her and drink every last drop of blood. But the pressure in my heart told me not to hurt her. That even if I had to, I wouldn't lay a bad hand on her.

The way she shook in fear waiting for her dad to come back. Talking to her made me feel a kind of forbidden relief. I always dreamt about the girl but it always ended the same way. With her death.

I was always left wondering where she could be now. No matter how much I wished to meet her again, she was a human, We could never be friends or anything more. It was too dangerous. Too dangerous for her.

She left the woods and went to live a life of normalcy while her father stayed here to produce our medicine. That's what my father told me anyways.

But from these past few days of being nagged about the upcoming ceremony, I was just so exhausted that I became willing to bare the nightmare just to wake somewhat refreshed. I could take the heartbreak once again if I got any kind of sleep.

So that's what led me here. To my favorite spot under the sun. I eventually fell asleep in the open, my wings spread under me, and with heavy eyes, I succumbed to darkness. But the dream I had wasn't like my usual nightmare. This one later turned more unexpected.

The unknown woman gasps under me and shakes with pleasure as my hand slips between her soaked legs. I kiss her soft neck and trace my fingers over her ripe breasts watching them perk, erect. She begs for my weight to be atop her. To bite and kiss down her stomach. Arousing her arouses me. I swear to her that when I'm done she won't stop shaking and everyone nearby would know my name coming from her lips. Hickeys down her thighs and my spit in her mouth. She could taste herself on her lips as soon as I'd kiss her.

The mystery woman would look pretty sitting on my thigh. I started to bounce it. She'd get all shy and embarrassed because it'd feel a little bit too good. Go ahead angel, use my thigh to get yourself off while I sit and watch you become a moaning and whiny mess.

I seem to crave her. Whoever this is I'd slowly fuck while whispering my love in her ear. It feels like my soulmate.

My eyes rush to open and I lay stunned when I find a beautiful girl beside me. I have a brief moment of panic and she looks down at me with some kind of fear. The sun hits her dark brown hair making it look like pure strung gold. Fresh sugary honey dripping off the top of its grooved spoon. So familiar... she looks so familiar. Her scent hit me and I felt my heart race in my chest. Her skin, her lips, So delicious. She must've been touching my wings... no wonder that dream was so explicit.

She goes to move away and I act quickly on the human. Grabbing her neck I restrain her. But she didn't submit, instead, she thrashed around scratching my arms and face. She's a fighter. And an idiot for defying the prince. Doesn't she know who I am? Is this lower-class woman bare of any wings? But the way she smells is anything like a beast...

She stumbles over a basket of silver pears and before I can catch us we fall into the icy creek.

I try to balance her but before I could react and shove her atop me so she didn't hit the bitterly cold water, everything is dark as we Were fully submerged.

The chill came like a shock. I watch as she splashes around trying to find the surface. I grip the top of her dress in my fist, pulling her up. She sits in the creek her skirt pooling around her hips. She coughs violently and I watch with a raised eyebrow. She hits her back on a rock as she tries to get away from me and strangely, the pain she felt shows up on my back too, just below my wings.

Hair sticks to her face. When my eyes glanced down at her see-through top I was quick to move my eyes away from her soaked chest, where the cream-colored material doused in water became transparent. The cold water made her chest perk and harden. I closed my eyes tightly. As irresistible- irresponsible as she was, I still had respect for her.

She covers her face and cowers away. The action made my jaw stiffen. "P-Please don't hurt me... I'll leave I-I didn't mean to get that close." The woman cried. Her body shaking from fear. Was I really that threatening?

She curls up into a ball. She's cold. My thoughts on how she was feeling kept coming back. But first I needed to question her. I can't show emotion.

When I don't speak she slowly looks up. Her precious and soft-looking lips trembled sadly. She made me feel warm in a sense, Even though we were both soaked to the bone and frozen solid. Skin like a glacier.

I took in a deep breath thinking over my options. I needed to question her, ask what she was doing so far away from the village. Yet, I had a feeling she wasn't a beast. Dare I say it- a human. But father would've known if there was a human. And she would've been dinner by now.

"Who are you, and why would you dare cross the line that separates humans from us," I demand but all she does is blink up at me.

She looks behind herself for a second. I know what she's thinking. She's going to bolt. Funny how she thinks she's faster. I smile at the thought and look over my shoulder at my wet wings and shake them to rid of the water.

"I said. Who are you?" I ask again just this time slowly. Maybe she didn't understand the first time around.

She meets my eyes and that familiarity I felt earlier comes back. My eyes focus on her mouth as it opens and closes. I move forward to get an answer out of her. I was getting angry with myself and this situation.

"Lia!" She blurts out.

"Lia what?" I say trying to come off sincere and maybe even nicer so she would stop trembling in fear. It was bothering me.

"Lia Locke, Daughter of Abram Locke." She declares. Abram Locke... it's just so familiar I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm caught off guard as she rises to her feet, wobbling a little she eventually regains her balance and clasps her hands behind her back looking up at me.

I scratched my jaw while deep in thought.

"Locke..." I mumble the name slowly coming to the front of my mind again.

She steps back and I quickly stare her down. "Don't move." I can't help but growl out at her in anger. Trying to leave me already?

"Your father, Abram. The doctor?" I ask stepping closer to her. The closer I got the more of her I breathed in. Her scent made my knees weak. It made me want to lull my head back and sleep in her arms. But my question, I already knew the answer. She is Abram Locke's daughter, the only human allowed in these woods because of her father's providing.

"Yes." She says softly and it only made me want her more. Maybe I could scare her a little bit. She wouldn't wander out here anymore.

"He'd hate to see her disappear wouldn't he?" It was mean, I was aware. But all of us beasts wander every now and then especially during the hunt and the feast. If someone else found her, she'd be better known as dead. Any other beast would be more than willing to sink their teeth into her soft skin and drain her of blood and eat the remains. The thought of it made my heart ache.

I felt my wings twitch and flap. They slowly wrapped around her as I felt the need to protect her in every way possible.

Her scent coaxing me in and my lips parted. My mouth opened and I bared my fangs, my sharp teeth dragging across the slope of her neck. I felt her pulse thunder against her skin rapidly.

I could feel her blood rush to her head as she blushed. I had to grip the back of her dress tightly, she's doing things to me I've never felt before. It felt like bugs under my skin but the tickle they left, made me want more of this torture.