011

Warning! Mention of self harm.

ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ɪꜱ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙɪᴏ. ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ.
┈┈┈┈༻༺┈┈┈┈
Zelia's pov
┈┈┈┈༻༺┈┈┈┈

T H R E E   W E E K S   L A T E R

Adrian has finally learnt his lesson. He has stayed away from me. Barely even looked my way and if he did, it was by accident and looked away immediately. It's almost like he is scared of me and that makes me feel powerful.

Draco and I on the other hand have been distant. Avoiding one another. We haven't spoken about the kiss or about his confession. I care about you, a lot, he told me. And it terrified me. It scared me because I was falling for him and I didn't realize it until that night after the kiss, when I fell asleep and I couldn't stop thinking about him and how good it felt to kiss him, to have his hands all over me. The power was like no other.

Classes have been okay. A bit better. I have done well to keep my mouth shut and keep my head down in her lessons. My hand is almost healed, but the words I'm not special, are still visible. I curse every time I look at it. And I do not intend to get another scar on my hand. So I've not given her the satisfaction of her giving me another detention.

And now, I'm sitting in the owlery, holding a letter in my hand. It's from my mother—I can tell by the Beautiful cursive writing. I haven't opened it because I am scared. I haven't heard from my family all these weeks. My mother usually writes every week. At least she did at beauxbatons.

I finally find the courage and I tear the envelope open.

Dear Zelia,
                I apologise for not writing to you sooner. It has been hectic here at home. Due to the current circumstances, your father has been having many more meetings. And I haven't found the time to write. Make sure you read the next part of this letter alone.

The dark lord is back. And you are in danger. Your prophecy is real. I apologise I am telling you this over paper and not in person but your father and I weren't sure we would ever need to tell you the truth.

Your father has discovered you are wanted by the ministry. You are too dangerous. Too powerful. And they fear the Dark Lord will want you for your power. To use you as a weapon against them. They do not yet know you have transferred to Hogwarts but I fear it won't be long until they find out. However you are safe there and your father wants you to stay there over Christmas.

The ministry still does not know of our location and it will most likely stay that way. However, if they find your father and me, we will have no choice but to go into hiding. And you may be alone in this fight.

My sweet beautiful Zelia, I am so sorry it's come to this. I want you to stay strong, always. And make the right choices. I love you and your father loves you also. This may be the last and only letter you receive from us.
                                               - mother.

I fold the letter and look into the distance. It was like my whole world came crashing down around me. The prophecy is true. The rumours are true. I thought it was bullshit, but it is true. I should feel proud. My father would want me to feel proud to have so much power. To be something great and cruel like him. But instead, I feel the most terrified I've ever felt in my life.

"Zelia...are you okay?" I heard Daphne's voice and I whirled to the stone archway of the owlery and her blonde hair hangs at her side, blowing in the wind as she walked toward me.