004

ʜᴇʀ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ɪꜱ ʟɪɴᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙɪᴏ. ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ.
┈┈┈┈༻༺┈┈┈┈
Zelia's pov
┈┈┈┈༻༺┈┈┈┈

I leant against the wall as the sound of Dumbledore's speech echoed around from the great hall. Although his words were muffled and I couldn't hear what he was saying. Occasional clapping sounded as well. I stood waiting to enter and I hadn't any idea of what to expect when I walked in.

Finally, McGonagle came through the doors "ready?" she asked.

"I guess so" I replied, still without any idea what would happen when I walked in.

"After you then," she gestured towards the entrance of the hall.

I lent up from the wall and turned into the hall. I walked in making my way to the front, McGonagle following shortly behind me. I walked with my head high, long strides and with confidence, like a model walking on a catwalk.

Every student had turned their head as I walked through the door. Maybe out of curiosity or maybe they recognised me. And then the whispers started.

"Is that?......no it can't be"

"Who is that"

"Ah Fred she looks like our type of girl"

"Woah"

"Is that Karl Salmeris daughter"

"I heard she killed someone"

"Do you think that's why she moved here"

"Bloody hell"

"Ron! Concentrate"

I tried not to let any of the whispers get to me. I tried not to think too deeply about what they were saying. But it did. It made me feel like everyone was looking and pointing at me like I was the main star in a circus. But I knew better than to let any of that show on my face. I kept my chin held high and I kept my walk steady and strong. I walked to the front and didn't once look at any of the gossiping students.

When I made it to the front Dumbledore's put out his hand, "Come dear! Just here" I shook his hand and I stood next to him

"Everyone I would like you to meet... Zelia Salmeris" Dumbledore announced to the students.

Finally, I turned my gaze to the whispering students. However, when they heard my name most of them stopped their gossip and looked at me. And I couldn't tell what they were thinking. I swollowed a lump in my throat as every eye was on me, watching my every movement. 

Dumbledore put a hand on my shoulder and gestured to a stool. I tore my gaze away from the peering crowd and made my way to the stool. I sat on the stool, not knowing what to expect. I just wanted this over.

I sat one leg over the other and sat straight up, in an effort to make myself seem confident. Even though my palms were sweating and I had to force my leg to stop bouncing.

Dumbledore stood in front of me and explained what the hat does And suddenly the house thing made sense. He placed the hat onto my head and it spoke—

"Ahhhh a Salmeris. Never thought I'd be placed on another Salmeris head again. Hmm, let me see. I see you are a wise girl. Perhaps Ravenclaw....hmm but you're also loyal and fierce. No there's more to you. You are brave and strong. Maybe you belong in Gryffindor. No no there's more. ahh, I see you're also cunning and. cruel, wise with you're thoughts. You are hard-working and full of ambition! A hard decision indeed. Let it be"