Chapter 20 : We're Always Watching You

I answer the phone call.. and who is the voice that speaks?

Kiryu Yakuza.

The specific arms dealer that has been smuggling illegal firearms to the gangs of Chiba. Why specifically Chiba? No one knows why.

The second I heard his voice, I grabbed my M1911 and point it right at the 'boss' forehead.

"N-No! Please!"

Bang!

Not even blinking once from the loud noise it made, his head hung down.

"Who was that, sir?"

"Yakuza.... Kiryu Yakuza...."

I've been trying to track him down for 3 months. The CIA and Task Force 2-4-2 has been aiding me as well but it just isn't enough. I need more people to help me.

This man is on the loose and he's causing havoc in my hometown. 2 families and 1 that was about to be has died because someone planted explosives on their cars. And it's my responsibility that they have died for no reason.

"Did you try to track the IP of the caller?"

One of my men suggested.

"We already tried that 2 months ago. We got led into a trap and almost got squished by the falling building."

"We should've asked more information instead of shooting him."

"He killed 3 families for no reason. I believe he deserved more than just a few punches and a quick death."

Dropping the phone, I stomped it to the ground and exit the room.

"The raid was only beneficial for more lives saved. We should report to HQ that the current raid was unsuccessful and we didn't get enough intel. Report it by tomorrow morning and ask for further detail about the situation."

"What situation?"

"Do not make me say it in front of her."

[ Yukino's POV ]

The next morning....

"Care to tell me why you're at the front door of my house?"

The door bell had rung and as I opened it, I see Hikigaya-kun in casual clothing as if last night was just something that normally happens.

"Would it make it more uncomfortable for me to send a person that you don't know? I'm fine with that if you want."

Never mind.

"I thought we agreed that there would be only security cameras all over my house. Besides, I think it isn't a very terrific idea that you should just randomly show up in our lives and act like every thing is normal."

His expression changed to a confused with passive anger.

"Excuse me? I wasn't the one who mistaken a goddamn address for a meeting about guns? The cameras were already installed when you were sleeping."

How did the security alarm not turn on?

"Let's make this straight, Hikigaya-kun. I.... a normal woman who lives in the workforce.... had just seen a person being killed by a friend of mine. And you know the best part? He has been doing it for the past 6 years and never told me about it. And what was even better, he told his friend's daughter! A young child!"

I was fairly traumatized by it. Though I am aware that he had suffered more than I have.

"I understand about your current mental health. There are some secrets that not everyone should hear. I also believe it's not wise to talk about people's personal life. I've never asked you how your marriage life was."