Chapter 4 : Old Wounds

Authors Note : First things first... a debrief on episode 11 of season 3...

LETS FUCKING GOOOO!!! THE SHIP SAILED BITCHES!!

______________

"Lay on the floor and put your hands behind your heads! If I see one person with their heads up, their head is going to be permanently on the floor."

Bang!

Everyone in the room did what they were told. I could hear children crying and their mother's trying to calm them down.

The officer was absolutely right. Crime rates in Chiba has risen a lot. I've never seen nor experienced a crime during my teenager years.

Let's see if Yuigahama and Isshiki are okay.

Their faces were as pale as milk, expressions as terrified as a child witnessing his first fear of heights.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the term, 'okay'.

More importantly.. what should I do? I was currently in the same position like every hostage. I obviously don't wanna lose my life to some bank robber. If I ever wished to have a heroic death, it would be saving not just many lives, but myself as well. But then again.. I don't want to act very cool in front of everyone. It's unlike of me.

The bank robber walks past us and Ebina comes out with my cash.

"Here you go-... Huh?"

She was just as surprised as a grown man witnessing his 40th birthday party.

"You, woman! Put the money in the bag. Comply and your own decision will be your smartest judgement."

"Uh.. I'm sorry but this money belongs to someone else."

The robber was getting frustrated every second.

"Woman, just put the money in the bag! Or else it's lights out for you!"

He points his gun at Ebina's face.

"Okay! Okay! How much?"

I cringed hard as I see my hard earned money being used as a bag for a filthy robber.

But this was a great chance... a chance given to me by fate. Right now, the robber's attention is focused on the money and the bag. The workers can either reach for the red button or do absolutely nothing.

And they were doing absolutely nothing..

Should I really do this? I swore to myself to never used it but.. many lives are at stake. I don't want to fail anyone every again.

C'mon, find a motivation to make yourself kill that robber. Imagine that robber, targeting one of my friends...

Imagine.. the robber.. targeting....

Totsuka..

My instincts told me to reach for my pistol in my pocket.

"Don't move."

I calmly said, pressing the bullet hole of my pistol on the back of the robber's head.

"Who the hell are you?"

He slowly raised his hands up while asking me such a cliche question.

"I'm just a man trying to live a normal life that I never got during my youth.."

I responded with a cliche answer, but a fact.

"Tch!"

He attempts to elbow me in the ribs, hoping he could make me drop my gun once I feel a gust of pain. I've taken so many blows and hits during the war, I hardly even felt it.