Chapter 5 : Visit

"I... Uh...."

A great way to start a conversation to someone who you haven't seen in a month. I can already tell her first sentence is to proceed to make fun of me, and then worry for me after.

"Honestly, I'm not surprise your ability to communicate with the fishes have not been deteriorated yet. But this is coming from the king of fishes."

There it is. If I was a masochist, I would've enjoyed every word from her sentence but I'm not one. But there was a recent book I read. It was called 'Masochist Lover', did I enjoy it? Probably.

"Very harsh. Especially in front of your child."

"Oh.. sorry about that, Yuki."

Yukinoshita puts Yuki down onto the floor.

"Mister Fishman!"

Yuki walks up to me and climbs onto my hospital bed.

"H-Hello, Yuki.."

Sheesh. Her first conversation with me and she's already like her mother. How should I respond to this? Actually I already did, now I'm gonna wait for her next question.

"Are you okay? People in hospitals are usually not okay. Did they do something to your eyes to look like a fish?"

"I'm doing fine right now. You should probably get off my bed before I get called a lolicon by your mother. On second thought, I'll get arrested."

"Okay!"

A smile to protect, but a smile to watch out for. You never know which one of her smiles are genuine or not.

I looked over to Yukinoshita who was covering her face, trying really hard to contain her laughter.

"Mister Fishman! Hahaha!"

"I bet you told her to call me that."

Then her face went from laughter to a serious version.

"I would never teach my daughter such harsh words yet."

Yet? I'm sorry but did she just say, 'yet'?

"Anyway, why did you come here? There seems to be no reason for you to attend to the hospital just for me."

Yuigahama probably forced her to visit me.

"Yui called me. She said a robbery occurred inside a bank?"

I was told there was better security to prevent banks from getting robbed. Was it all just a bluff? I'm more surprised that Yukinoshita called Yuigahama by her first name. They probably spent more time together ever since I left Chiba.

"Yeah. The police saved our asses back there."

"Language."

I forgot Yuki was present in the room.

"Sorry! Again, there was about 4 robbers. I was the first person they shot because the bank wouldn't give them any money."

Yukinoshita took a deep breath.

"I'm glad you weren't killed. Are you doing fine? Does it hurt anywhere?"