Chapter 3 : More Friends, Same Results

"Sgt. Hachiman, you mustn't be impatient."

My captain orders me. I was currently holding a 50 cal sniper rifle on top of a roof. My right eye was inches off of the scope. The center of the scope, laying on a very important person's forehead. We were laying on the floor, waiting for our moment to strike.

"This shot will change many lives, Captain. By many, I mean thousands. Of course I can't wait to blow this guy's head off."

I was about to shoot a Taliban general in the head. A general that killed many innocents, committed many war crimes.

Upon being successful, we are able to bring down a huge amount Taliban forces and their leaders. We will also have supply and shelter for the villagers by overtaking this area.

"It will change many lives, if you have the patience. Look at the flag. Tell me what is happening to the flag?"

I looked at the Taliban flag that marked its territory, it was being moved by the gust of wind. But the flag was tied onto a long pole.

"What does the flag about to do with this?"

"The wind here is as strong as tiger's paw striking your ribs . If you are too careless, the tiger's paw will push you the ground. Just like the wind will push the bullet to a different location. Thus, marks our failure. They will hear the gunshot and go for cover. Patience... Choose your moment."

I waited for my moment..

Waited for minutes...

Hours...

For the wind to drop dead.

This heat.. this position I had to stay on... and the lack of water and food..

My mind begin to go back to my high school days.

It was so simple.. back then. I was just a loner who talked to a few people. I was involved with other people's problems. I couldn't tell if they improve my relationship with my friends, but they most certainly have put a lot of stress and hardships upon me.

But what intrigued me..

When Yukinoshita walked out of the house from the high school days.. something tells me that she wanted me to stop her..

What if I stopped her there? Would I be in a different situation?

"Now!"

I noticed that the Taliban flag had stopped being moved by the wind.

Bang!

___________________

"Gah!"

I woke up, in a dark room where there were no lights.

Where was I? This place looks very unfamiliar. I can barely see a thing. Was I on a bed? Who put me here?

I reached for my SIG Sauer M17 pistol on the dresser that was next to my alarm clock. I turned the safety off and tried to locate where I was at. Or find out where I was being held captive..

"Anyone here?"

If only I had my night vision. I guess I'll have to use the old tricks back in the army.

I calmed my own breathing, enhancing my hearing. The ears I possessed... the ears that have experienced ringing so many times, I lost count. Ears that almost lost their hearing.

"No one is in this room. I'll have to inspect and secure the building. This is Sgt. Hachiman, there is no reports of any bodies or hostages currently in the room. I might engage in a gunfire but it'd worth the risk to save some fucking lives."