Chapter 8 : Just Like Your Mother

"T-Tomorrow.. morning.. Can I come to your apartment?"

My brain was sending very mix signals and having very mixed emotions.

"Why?"

Oh god.

Is she going to make fun of my apartment as well?

"I'll tell you tomorrow, once I get there. Can you just please give me your address?"

"What if I don't want to?"

Something is definitely up with her.

"You don't want everyone knowing you're still being spoiled by your father at the age of 24, do you?"

...

And that's how Yukinoshita and her daughter, Yuki, are both in my apartment.

"Starting today, you're going to be Yuki's babysitter."

"Why? Of all people."

I still don't understand. Did Yukinoshita eat something that affected her brain? Did she changed a little too much over these years?

"You're the only person I know, that doesn't have a job. Last night, you said that the 'undercover cop' was just a whole lie and you were unemployed. If you don't have a job, you have a lot of free time."

I knew she was going to use that excuse.

Time for my final move. This extraordinary move I only use in order to distance myself from anyone. This supposed legendary move has the ability to ruin my career and get me arrested. It's so dangerous, not even I know the true capabilities of it.

"What if... I do something lewd to your 5 year old daughter?"

I said it!

Let's hope she shuts the door in my face and leaves!

"I know you won't. You already know the results if that were to happen. More than 10 years in prison, a lot of friendships cut off and your family will be disappointed by you."

On second thought.. maybe I might..

Wait a minute, I'm falling for my own trap! Keep yourself together, Hachiman! Did you seriously just thought of lewding a fucking 5 year old? I should shoot myself in the leg for even thinking of doing that! Maybe 4 times, wait no! 4 is an unlucky number. 5 times since she's 5 years old!

"And besides.... I trust you."

Ba-dump!

Calm down.

It's just a friend trusting one another.

The romcom gods have left me as soon as Yukinoshita walked out of my house, 6 years ago. She's married, had a child, and with the love of her life.

I sigh, gesturing her to come in my apartment.

She puts Yuki to the floor as she begun to explore around.