Chapter 1 : 6 Years Later

"You're the one who hasn't changed since these last 2 years.."

Yukinoshita had recently just found out that I was going to live in the U.S. Her damn older sister managed to get the information out of my mouth somehow and she spill the beans as soon as she decided to leave.

But Yukinoshita had every right to be angry...

"You said you wanted genuine, yet you were the only one not being genuine. I not surprised or anything, but I am very disappointed in you, Hikigaya-kun."

"It's not like-"

"Are you seriously doubting our friendship of 2 years? Are you doubting that Yuigahama-san's friendship towards you? I don't care if you don't think of me as a friend, but if you don't think Yuigahama-san as a friend, you're lost.."

She puts her shoes on and opens the door. Before I could even react to try to reason with her.

"Goodbye, Hikigaya-kun. It was surprisingly fun talking to you ever since last year."

I fall to the ground from a toy that tripped me.

"Sir!"
"Sir!"

A soldier toy kept repeating the same words over and over.

"Sir?"

Then a masculine voice that wasn't from a cheap speaker called out for me.

"Sir, are you awake?"

I open my eyes and there was a taxi driver that was calling for me while in his driver seat. Oh.. I was riding in a taxicab.

"Thanks for waking me up, how much was it?"

I asked, reaching into my wallet. Where did I put all my money? I swear I had some a while ago when booking a flight.

"No need! Your mere presence is enough to satisfy me."

He refused in an instant.

"Eh? Why? Isn't that how you work?"

The taxi driver salutes to me.

"Sergeant Major Hachiman Hikigaya, I believe that if you hadn't enlisted in the U.S. Army, the world would have been taken over by now by terrorists, ISIS and the Taliban Army."

Oh... there was another thing I forgot.

I'm wearing my goddamn military uniform. A uniform which reminds me of my past... A past which I wish I could forget. I would even sacrifice an arm or a leg to make myself forget all my suffering..

"I see. Thank you. But please don't tell anyone that I decided to live here."

"There is no reason to lie to a very courageous, brave and smart man. I owe my loyalty. I wish you a very good day."

I exit the taxicab.

I looked around my surroundings. I closed my eyes and listen to all the voices my ear could hear.

"Mama! Can we go to the playground with our dog!"

A small little girl at the age of 5, I'm assuming. Those footsteps she is making, her height must be 3 feet and 2 inches.

"I'm afraid we cannot. You don't know if any of the other children are allergic to dogs."

A woman in her early 30s.. with the height of 5 feet and 5 inches.

"Dear, could you please hold onto my arm when we cross the street?"

An elderly woman, age 84 I think..