Chapter 9 : Summer Festival

I had begun a daily routine of babysitting Yuki. Days passed by, and then those days turned into weeks.

During the middle of the time span, Yukinoshita found out Yuki was eating ramen cup noodles everyday in my apartment. I got scolded for that and now Yuki has a lunch box everyday. She isn't even in school yet.

"Haha! You got yelled at by mommy, Mister Fishman!"

Tch. Now Yuki is making fun of me. An adult getting yelled at by another adult in front of a child is more embarrassing than missing a sniper shot in front of your superiors.

Can't tell if Yukinoshita is my mother or not.

Now it has been a month since I started to babysit Yuki everyday. I thought it was going to be just like any day... but someone entered my room with a weird temptation of wanting to tell me something before she leaves.

"Hikigaya-kun."

Yukinoshita calls out for my name, her face filled with the color red.

"Hm? What is it? Do you want to take Yuki back? That's fine with me if you want to."

"N-No. That's not it. T-Tomorrow..."

Jeez. It's best if she asks her husband instead. I can tell I'm going to be involved with the Yukinoshita family again.

"Would you kindly take me and Yuki to the summer festival tomorrow?"

I'm sorry.

My brain just lost all function like I was shot in the head.

"Excuse me?"

"Don't make me repeat myself again. Tomorrow, you're taking me and Yuki to the summer festival."

"You have a husband don't you? If I were in your footsteps, I would rather take out the love of my life than some friend who barely goes outside a lot."

"That's the problem. My husband, Nishikio, he is the person handling the summer festival. So he's extremely busy at the moment. And I need someone who is strong enough to protect Yuki just incase."

Hold up. Did she add a fire extinguisher to a bonfire?

"This is the first time I was ever complimented by you, and you didn't add any devastating blows along with that sentence."

"I hope it's enough to convince you to take us."

"Still not going."

My decision is final.

Even Yukinoshita was surprised that I refused to go with a beautiful woman.

Nothing and no one can persuade me to go to the festival. Not even the President of the United States or Prime Minister can convince me.

Ding!

Yukinoshita pulls her phone up.

"Yui just texted me. She said Totsuka is coming along with her and their friends."

Shit!

We're reaching DEFCON - 2! My body is at the brink of war! My brain and heart are attacking each other with nukes as we speak! Constant bombardment is taking place!

Resist, Hachiman.

This could be a lie made by Yukinoshita. She is indeed the type of person to create such a risky trap.

Ding!

This time, it wasn't Yukinoshita's phone. It was mine.

The only people I have contacts with is, Komachi, Yukinoshita, Yuigahama and Totsuka.