I just haven't met you yet.

The song doesn't have much to do with it, but I got the idea for the story because of this song. Basically, Peter hasn't been born yet, but they are very close and Pepper overhears Tony talking to the baby one night.

-+*+-+*+-+*+-+*+-

PEPPER POV

We had been laying in bed one night and I was right in between being asleep and being awake when I hear Tony speak.

Not to me, no. To Peter, our baby. He's supposed to come sometime next week. I'm definitely nervous, but Tony, don't even get me started. He's been so stressed. He tries to hide it, but if you know where to look, its not that hard to tell. I didn't know how much it scared him until today.

"Uh, hey kiddo, I know you probably can't hear me, and even if you can you most likely don't understand what I'm saying, but, I'm really scared, kid. I don't want to be like Howard, I, I don't want to let you down. I haven't met you just yet, but I already know I would do anything for you." His voice begins breaking and I know he's crying.

"I'm so fucking scared of messing this up, I don't want you to hate me, like I did Howard. I-I I want to be able to teach you everything I know abou-about anything, anything really. I'll tell you I love you so much that you'll start going insane, I want you to know that I love you, I haven't met you yet, but I don't need to. I just, God, kid, I-I don't know how this is going to turn out. I-I don't, I can't promise that I won't mess up, but I hope you forgive me, I hope you give me a second chance. I love you, kiddo, don't ever question that." He sniffs away tears, but despite his attempts, a small sob escapes his lips.

"I can't wait to meet you, Peter. Don't worry, I'll give you so much more than I got." He whispers and lays his head on my baby bump.

"You really came outta nowhere, baby. I am so thankful to have this opportunity, to give such a powerful love to someone so tiny. I know you are going to be so incredibly amazing and smart and-and kind. Just knowing that there's a possibility of having this family, makes me ecstatic, Peter. You have know idea how excited I am to meet you." He continues.

"You being in my life, its already changing me, Peter. That's how powerful you are. I can't wait, I can't wait until you arrive. You and Pepper, kid, are the best thing to ever happen to me." I feel him lift a hand to his eyes, "God, I just beg I don't become anything like Howard."

I just want to cry. I know Tony could never, ever, be like Howard, I didn't know he felt that way, that's so admirable. Tony might not know this, but I can already tell, he'll be the best father ever. I plant a kiss on the top of Tony's head.

"I love you, Tony." I whisper into his hair.

"I love you, too, Pep." He grumbles, most likely being half-asleep.

-+*+- lE tiMe skiP -+*+-

The next morning I immediately look up towards the ceiling, "F.R.I.D.A.Y., did you, by any chance, record.... what Tony had said last night?" I ask the A.I.

"Of course, Mrs. Stark. I record and see, everyone and everything, per the 'What happened while I was asleep' Protocol." She answered.

"Nice, could you make what Tony said into a disc and send it to me? Also add it to a new folder, only accessible to me, called 'Irondad' for me?"

"It would be my pleasure, Mrs. Stark." F.R.I.D.A.Y. answers.

I look down at my belly, "Tony's right, ya know. We haven't met you yet, but you are going to be an amazing boy, we're so excited to be your parents, Peter."

-+*+-+*+-+*+-

Okay, okay, I know this one was reaaaaaalllly short. Like, super short *cough cough* and trash *cough cough sneeze*. But, I really wanted to do something like this, i don't know why, but still. Um, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote, please!!

Love

- The Spiderdweeb