The Lake Part 1

So, I'm going to do sort of like a series thingy. Basically, this one is like the aftermath of the Homecoming movie all together, there may be a part 2 because I want to do a reaction to the building and the lake in different circumstances.... Does that make sense?? Also, I will probably do the aftermath of Endgame, Far From Home and Infinity War, but a bit later. Sorry, I also don't have a writing schedule I basically just write when I get an idea, so here we are.

Peter lives in the Avengers compound and they suggest to take a break from all their working on the hot day in the pool, it triggers Peter, no one except Tony knows about his run-in with the Vulture and he only knows about the lake and the boat.

TW: Panic, Homecoming, Mentions of Drowning and Suffocation, Flashbacks

-+*+-+*+-+*+-+*+-

All the Avengers were either chilling out or cleaning up around the compound. Luckily, no one had any missions or anything, unfortunately, it's too hot outside to do anything, at all. We all finally decided to gather in the living room to watch some TV. 

I few minutes into the movie, I heard a bang that seemed to be coming from the other side of the room and all of a sudden, the air had stopped flowing.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y.? What happened?" Mr. Stark asks the wall lady.

"It seems that the overuse of the A.C. Unit has caused the machine to malfunction. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do except wait it out." The A.I. answered, almost remorsefully.

A series of groans and complaints were heard around the living room, we only got to about halfway through Tangled and everyone was already sweating.

"Okay, there has to be something, or someway, we can fix that air conditioner." Uncle Clint says.

"You heard Fri, there isn't. We have to wait it out."  Uncle Steve replies.

"I knoooooow, but for how long?" Uncle Clint retorts.

"No idea." Aunt Nat answers for Steve.

After many, many, many, many, hot, painstaking, sweaty seconds we moved to the kitchen to find something to drink.

Mr. Stark pulled out some wine for the adults, Wanda and I got some lemonade. For a few moments, we sat in silence and chugged our drinks, some already on their second helping. 

"Is there nothing else we can do to cool us off?" Sam asks the group.

"Well.... We do have that new pool that we installed a few weeks ago." Mr. Stark suggests.

I really rather not, just thinking about water brings me back to my time in that lake.

"Um, is there, uh, anything else we can do?" I ask cautiously.

"I don't know, uh, you okay, Peter?" Uncle Bucky looks at me worryingly.

"Oh, uh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine, just, ya know, making sure there aren't any other options." I stutter.

"Well, I think the pool is our best bet for right now." Wanda says.

"Alright, *clap* I think that settles it, everyone already has their bathing suits in their respective changing rooms by the pool." Mr. Stark informs us.

I really don't want to do this, I feel my breath picking up speed, suddenly, there's a strong hand on my shoulder and I know my breathing has come at least close to regulating.

"You okay, kid?" Mr. Stark pushes.

"No, yeah, I'm fine, sorry, I uh, just... forgot where the pool was?" I suck at lying.