ϟ7: THE EXPLANATIONϟ

An excited eleven year old weaved around the crowd of people rushing to catch the train. She skidded to a halt in front of a wall built in between platform 9 and 10.

"Wait up!" a voice came from the midst of the crowd.

"Rhea Arquette, you will not zoom around like you've had a Fizzing Whizbee!" called out a stern, female voice.

"Let her be, Abrielle. She had waited patiently in the car, after all." A man spoke, amused.

Rhea and her parents, along with Harry, stood in front of the wall.

"Why are we standing here, Mr.Arquette?" asked eleven year old Harry, puzzled.

"You will see," Audric grinned. "A shame your uncle and aunt couldn't witness this—an amusing sight it would have been, don't you think?"

Harry and Rhea laughed, while Abrielle tried to maintain a stern expression, all the while trying to fight off a smile.

"Right," Abrielle said. "Off you go."

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Luna remained calmly in her seat, while Rhea fidgeted and threw occasional glances at the headmaster. She had given quite a show while choosing her seat in the Headmaster's office, roughly pushing aside Luna, and occupying the other chair. Of course, neither of them knew why she so adamantly wanted the chair not directly facing the Headmaster.

Dumbledore looked closely at the two queer girls. He was quite certain they didn't attend Hogwarts, and yet they seemed a little too familiar with his office...

Clearing his throat, he sat up straight in his chair, and looked directly at the taller girl-Rhea-with his usual piercing stare. He was surprised to see she met his stare unflinchingly, and was even more surprised when he couldn't read any of her thoughts. She is a strong Occlumens, he decided. All the more reason to be weary of her.

The girl seemed to know what he had done, for she smiled grimly. Luna looked between the two of them with an expression of boredom.

"So, " Rhea asked, rather awkwardly. "It's summer for the students now?"

"Yes," Albus stated cheerfully. "It all becomes rather quiet, of course, without the extraordinary tactics of our students."

Another long pause.

"You don't go home for the vacations, then, sir?" Luna asked politely.

"Ah, Hogwarts is home, my dear," the headmaster replied, beaming "I say, do you care for an—"