ϟ41: SALAZAR SLYTHERIN MUST BE SHAKING IN HIS GRAVEϟ

"You know, even by accident, the broom should have at least moved by now,"

Rhea, who was attending her first flying class with her fellow Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, abandoned her futile attempts to summon her broomstick and looked over at the boy next to her, who had already managed to summon the broom. He was leaning on it in a manner that suggested he was feeling extremely smug and cool.

"What is it to you?" She asked scornfully.

"I was just pointing out an obvious fact," the boy said loftily. "And my conscience agrees with me. You see, I, unlike you, have a clear conscience."

"Really?" Rhea smiled falsely at him, stuttering a little. "A chat with a clear conscience just indicates one has a bad mem-memory."

"Really?" the boy was clearly amused. "I have a bad mem--memory?"

"Clean your ears if you have tr-tr-trouble hearing," Rhea snapped, feeling the tips of her ears go red.

The boy, however, didn't comment further on her stuttering. Instead, he said, "I've always known girls can't play Quidditch," the Ravenclaw boy said plainly, looking at Rhea.

Rhea scowled at him. "I'm not the representative of the girl species, you daft starfish. Just because I can't ple—play, doesn't mean other girls can't."

"I beg to differ, girl," he retorted, waving his hand at a few girls who couldn't fly more than a few feet.

Rhea, who was tired of getting picked on every other day, decided that she had had enough. Mustering up her non-existent courage, she walked up to him, and aimed a sharp kick at the broomstick he was leaning upon. Of course, the boy stumbled a little, but unfortunately for him, his broom thought it was being ordered to fly, and it gave a little jerk, swept the boy off his feet and collapsed on to the ground, issuing a groan out of the boy. 

"Nice little show you gave us, Rhea."

Rhea turned to find Isobel MacDougal, Lisa Turpin and Padma Patil standing behind her.

"So, fellow Ravenclaw," Padma said, grinning slightly at the boy who had fallen down. "I see Rhea swept you off your feet with her—for lack of better word—charms."

Lisa scowled at the boy. "You thought you could annoy Rhea and get away with it, did you, arsehole?"

"Woah, there, easy on the insults, lady." 

The group turned to find Michael Corner, making his way towards them along with Terry Boot.

"Ah, yes, Michael! Terry!" the blonde boy exclaimed. "Save me from these short tempered nasty girls!"

Just then, the Hufflepuff, Zacharias Smith, decided to speak up. He was always nosy, and not to mention, rude.

"Oh, well mingling finally are we? I always thought Ravenclaws were stuck up little bookworms. Unable to socialize because they're living in those books of theirs—"

"Shove off, Smith," Rhea snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

Smith sneered at her, but didn't say anything, opting to go to Madam Hooch and pester her about Quidditch facts. Lisa, Padma, Isobel, Terry, Michael and the-boy-whose-name-Rhea-didn't-know looked at her.

"You spoke without stuttering." the unknown boy observed, looking at Rhea.

Rhea's eyes hardened. "And?"

The boy grinned at her. "I like her," he said to no one in particular. "I'll let you be my friend."

"That's his way of asking Rhea to be his friend in a cool way," Terry chimed in, looking amused.