ϟ54: JAR OF PROCRASTINATIONϟ

"I don't want to get into trouble, you know..."

Rhea, Harry, Ron, Fred and George were hiding behind a huge rock and staying out of sight. It was Rhea's, Harry's and Ron's first Christmas at Hogwarts and Fred and George insisted they make the most of it.  

"But it'll be fun!" George said.

"If we get caught, you two should take the blame." Ron said darkly, looking at his brothers.

"Deal," Fred said enthusiastically.

"Here he comes," Rhea said wearily, and all of them sneaked a look at Professor Quirrell, who was walking in the snow, muttering under his breath in agitation. Rhea always found it odd that she could never hear Professor Quirrell's thoughts, but she convinced herself that there would always be exceptions. Like Snape.

"Okay, so, you know the levitation charm, don't you?" George asked quietly, looking at the first years. They nodded anxiously and Fred asked, "Ready?"

"No," Harry grumbled, but took his wand nevertheless. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Watch and learn," Fred grinned, flourishing his wand. "Wingardium Leviosa."

The snowballs on the ground hovered in the air, looking like tiny, round birds. The rest of them copied Fred's actions, and soon there were about thirty snowballs hovering in the air; George and Fred had levitated twenty snowballs on their own while the first years struggled to levitate the other ten.

"Now, attack!" George said gleefully as the five of them directed the snowballs at Quirrell, who was still walking anxiously towards the Forbidden Forest.

With their hands quivering in concentration, the snowballs began to launch themselves at Quirrell's turban. The professor whipped around in absolute fright and shock, but Fred and George had bewitched the snowballs to follow Quirrell's turban no matter what. The thirty or so snowballs began raining hell on Quirrell's head as he desperately tried to shield the back of his head from being doused in icy cold snow.

The five students burst into laughter, even though it seemed mean for them to laugh at a teacher like that. Rhea felt extremely guilty for tormenting a teacher, but she couldn't deny she was having fun.

"Atrocious behaviour! That's a professor, you dimwits, have some respect!"

Percy Weasley was making his way towards them in absolute horror and anger. He stalked through the snow as quickly as possible, all the while trying to drag his feet through the ankle deep snow.

"And to think you brought Rhea and Harry into this!" he barked at his brothers, and Ron made an indignant noise at being ignored. "Don't you dare corrupt them!"

"It was all fun and games, Perce—"

"Can we leave?" Rhea asked innocently, pointing at herself and Ron and Harry, taking advantage of the fact that Percy had a soft spot for her.

"Yes," Percy said kindly, as though he hadn't just seen the trio assisting the twins. "Now, YOU TWO—"

With that, Rhea, Harry and Ron practically sprinted away from the twins, laughing loudly and slipping in the snow. Their innocent laughter echoed merrily, the Christmas spirit kept alive in the hearts of their young souls.

They weren't aware of the sinister eyes that followed their every step, the ears that heard their every word and the cruel sneer that promised danger.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.═══╗