ϟ1: LOST DIADEMϟ

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

~ 12 years later...

"Crucio!"

AMYCUS WAS LIFTED OFF HIS FEET. He writhed through the air like a drowning man, thrashing and howling in pain, and then he smashed into the front of a bookcase and crumpled to the floor. McGonagall's eyes widened in horror as she gazed at Harry, who was shaking with rage.

"I see what Bellatrix meant," said Harry quietly, still pointing his wand at Amycus. "You need to really mean it."

"Potter!" whispered Professor McGonagall, clutching her heart. "Potter — you're here! What —? How —?" She struggled to pull herself together. "Potter, that was foolish!"

"He spat at you," said Harry.

"Potter, I — that was very — very gallant of you — but don't you realize —?"

"Yeah, I do," Harry assured her. "Professor McGonagall, Voldemort's on the way."

"Oh, are we allowed to say the name now?" asked Luna with an air of interest, pulling off the Invisibility Cloak. This appearance of a second outlaw seemed to overwhelm Professor McGonagall, who staggered backward and fell into a nearby chair.

"I don't think it makes any difference what we call him," Harry told Luna. "He already knows where I am."

"Harry!" Rhea Arquette yelled, emerging from beneath the cloak too. Professor McGonagall looked like she'd faint very soon. "You were never supposed to use an Unforgivable! That's the Death Eaters' job!"

"He deserved it."

"Of course he did! But to think you would lower your ranks to that of a Death Eater—"

"You Cruciated Greyback in Malfoy Manor," Harry reminded her.

She swallowed, feeling a wave of shame. Though the slimy werewolf deserved it, she still felt the guilt. "I trip on air, for Godric's sake Harry! I am not some sort of inspiration—"

"You must flee," whispered Professor McGonagall, appearing not to have heard their argument. "Now, the three of you, as quickly as you can!"

"I can't," said Harry. "There's something I need to do. Professor, do you know where the diadem of Ravenclaw is?"

"The d-diadem of Ravenclaw? Of course not — hasn't it been lost for centuries?" She sat up a little straighter. "Potter, it was madness, utter madness, for you to enter this castle —"