ϟ21: LETTERS (PART II)ϟ

James, Sirius and Lily

Deer Evans,

How doe you doe? We hope Christmas is treating you well. We also hope you enjoyed our gift—Chocolate frogs never go out of style. Jamsie and I are fine, thanks for asking (not that you asked). In the light of our truce, (which, in case you forgot, was made in late October) we have decided to add you on our Christmas card list.

You're welcome.

Jamsie and I are at the Potter Manor, living life and having fun. Remus and Peter went home for Christmas. Yesterday, I turned Jamsie's hair pink, and he's still moping about it. He's right next to me, as I write this letter. Prongs keeps an eye on me every time I write a letter so that I don't end up conveying more than I should. Hah, as if.

But I'm pro-grass-tinating, I wrote to show my immense gratitude to you for the Transfiguration books you gave us. James would have written a letter too, but since we're in the same house, there's no need. He wanted to, of course, but do you even realise how critical this issue has become? We cut trees ALL THE TIME for paper and parchment and we waste them ALL THE TIME. Who will provide us with FOOD? Who will provide us with OXYGEN?? Who—

Okay, prongs is telling me to come to the point. 

THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSFIGURATION BOOKS! WE LOVED IT!

With best wishes from a concerned environmentalist,

Sirius Black

P.S: What did you gift Remus?

.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.

Black,

You never cease to surprise me with your conceited brain. First, I was afraid you had suffered a brain damage, but now I'm very certain you DO suffer from it.

I couldn't help but notice all those terrible puns you insisted on adding in your letter. 'Deer', 'grass' and 'doe'? What made you do that? Are you in a forest? Or in a farm?

Christmas is treating me well, thanks for having me in your daily prayers. And I'm so VERY happy that you and Potter are healthy and alive. I'm also VERY HONOURED that I've made it to you Christmas card list. It's also VERY ENTERTAINING to know you turned Potter's hair pink. Why couldn't you have given him a lovely haircut? Or even better, turned him bald?

It's informative to know you're a nature-lover, Black. You seem very concerned about deforestation. If I didn't know better, I would have been impressed. But I DO know better, and I know the only reason you raise this issue is because you hate submitting essays, which we oh so conveniently write on parchments.

No wonder you're an environmentalist.

As for the Transfiguration books—you're welcome. Also, thank you for the Chocolate Frogs—I have a sweet tooth and your gift is very much appreciated. 

Merry Christmas, Black. And Potter.

Sincerely,

Lily Evans

P.S: Who's Prongs?

.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.